Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Still Love my JV Strat

Thread: Still Love my JV Strat

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice strat, had two...more into my own versions though, actually bought CS69's and threw them into the second..still didn't do it for me, so on we go.....still a very good players strat....tex-mex pups are great..!

Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking of auditioning these:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nepvinopiset.html

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

If something were to happen to my hwy 1 the JV is the way I would go as I do not like the new hwy's and every JV has been exceptional.If you go with the Neovin's can't wait to hear what you think have not seen any reviews yet .

Post Thanks / Like

Im thinking of wiring my MIM standard like the JV cause I loath that bridge pup without a tone knob...but how do yall like the middle pup sans tone knob?
    Ever wish it had a tone knob???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Im thinking of wiring my MIM standard like the JV cause I loath that bridge pup without a tone knob...but how do yall like the middle pup sans tone knob?
    Nah!

I am mostly on the neck pup or I will double it up with the middle. I like how the JV is wired and prefer all my Strats that way now.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    I LOVE the middle pickup wide open. Not sure how to describe the sound, but it's kind of jazzy in a Gibson sort of way, to my ears. btw, that's how Robin Trower always plays his Strat, supposedly.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Nah!

I am mostly on the neck pup or I will double it up with the middle. I like how the JV is wired and prefer all my Strats that way now.
    Quote Originally Posted by birv2
    I LOVE the middle pickup wide open. Not sure how to describe the sound, but it's kind of jazzy in a Gibson sort of way, to my ears. btw, that's how Robin Trower always plays his Strat, supposedly.

Bob
    Thanks for the advice guys, I did the mod and it sounds great!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Birv: Sorry for the late reply. His most recent album Another Days blues is a bit of a rehash of some of his older blues albums but is killer. Dewar died and he has a new singer Jamie Pattison and he is a Dewar clone. I just love this album and I play along with it all the time and tune down a whole step.
    I think he excells at the blues but I think his Bridge of sighs album is The best rock album of all time. Numero Uno.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.