Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK Strum

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful guitar, Strum. You are now redeemed and have "Good Guy" status again.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

That looks mighty fine. I've never heard of Orpheum- did you play one locally or how did you know about it?

Post Thanks / Like

nice looking guitar strum...but the jury is still out on the "good guy" status! :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Beautiful guitar, Strum. You are now redeemed and have "Good Guy" status again.
    again??? Wasn't aware I had it to begin with.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

exactly....look up one post! :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    That looks mighty fine. I've never heard of Orpheum- did you play one locally or how did you know about it?
    I had not played one or even heard of it. It was offered at a good price. I did a little digging and liked what I read. Then a fellow fretter did some checking for me and I liked what he found.

I wanted a decent guitar that didn't break the bank or put too big a dent in the cash for some other things - this was it.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    exactly....look up one post! :

ww
    We posted at the same time, didn't realize you were on or I would have waited until the inevitable jab was posted.:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

We posted at the same time, didn't realize you were on or I would have waited until the inevitable jab was posted.:
    :

just sayin'...

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Strum!

(ah . . . at last Shiner can breath again: )
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

It's a probationary title, subject to recall at any time...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Strum, nice acoustic, I'm not familiar with that one but it looks nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    i thought orpheum was one of the girls prince dated and put in his movies and videos! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

SPT, what do you think?
    Sorry Strum, just saw your post now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Would that be this one?
    Sharp eye you've got...
    That green background reminds me of a vintage Daion too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Strummy,
    Nice looking new guitar. All solid woods. I'll bet she sounds terrific. Nicely done.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice, Strum! It just wasn't right that you had no acoustic! I would have guessed Tacoma and then Olympia, too, after seeing the distinctive bridge. Whilst hunting my Tacoma, I never came across the Orpheum line (there's a great small-theater music venue in Boston by that name). Is it new, as in current production? Wondering if it represents Fender's new move for Tacoma?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice strum! Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    I would have guessed Tacoma and then Olympia, too, after seeing the distinctive bridge. Whilst hunting my Tacoma, I never came across the Orpheum line (there's a great small-theater music venue in Boston by that name). Is it new, as in current production? Wondering if it represents Fender's new move for Tacoma?
    While Olympia was Tacoma's primary Asian-made clone brand, Orpheum was another, not as 'broad' a line and barely marketed (like the rest of Tacoma) Indonesian-made, a good bang for the buck.

As for Fender's next/new move for Tacoma? They ain't sayin' much, but my 2 cents guess is that whatever they do, they'll be imports. Unless they just kill the brand. They've got Takamine and Ovation and their sub-brands now that they bought Kaman, and they're making Guilds (or trying to) in the Ovation plant since scuttling the Tacoma factory.

Post Thanks / Like

The Orpheum arrived today and I immediately realized how much the electric masked my crappy playing ability.

No pics, already posted enough.

Nice guitar and serves its purpose.

Thanks SPT, arrived in time for the weekend.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mr. Strum,
    Now that you have had time to bond with the new guitar what's the report? Any surprises? Glad to have an acoustic back in the herd?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast