Thread: Bruno Cherry Festival Gig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bruno Cherry Festival Gig

www.cherryfestival.ca

Has to rank as the EARLIEST we've ever played: 10AM - 1PM

We provided entertainment on the main stage during the pancake breakfast. An older crowd, so stuck with old country standards as well as our versions of some Johnny Cash tunes. Got in a few of our honky tonkin favorites and some Elvis, Stray Cats rockabilly-roll. Tried to show off our vocals a bit with some Eagles etc.

Our families, including kids, were all in attendance which is a real treat for us (we're usually playing late, cabarets/bar dances and the like). Our drummer's 10 yo son even sat in on drums for a rousing rendition of TCOB!

AND, for the first time, we didn't have to drag our PA along - the event had entertainment throughout the weekend, so we used the rig and soundman provided - WHAT A TREAT! Reports were that we sounded really good, despite the early hour and the fact that we weren't drinking

Lots of fun had by all. I think we are going to look at taking in more of these type of festivals next year.

Cheers,

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Maybe Myra and I could land a gig there next year!

Looks like a fun event.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great evert Trev :

Glad to hear The Barley Boys are making the rounds.
    Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds Like a great time Trev. Did you use your Peavey Bandit? Were you playing out in the open or in one of the tents or buildings? I hope to play out for the first time in an outside setting someday.

M29
    Last edited by M29; July 28th, 2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Added the word (someday) at the end

Post Thanks / Like

Cool.: Thanks for the gig report.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Sounds Like a great time Trev. Did you use your Peavey Bandit? Were you playing out in the open or in one of the tents or buildings?
    Yep, but I just use the Bandit for on-stage sound/monitoring. I DI to the board from my GNX3000 with amp/cab modelling on.

It was in a tent (which was good because it did rain a bit). :
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Trev, I am always interested in how musicians deal with outside gigs. It is a whole different ballgame. I always wonder how my 18 watt would do. I figure I would need to mic it though.

Cool stuff, great fun!!

M29