Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you heard, I won a guitar !

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gil, any chance you could give me some numbers for the Texas Lotto tomorrow night? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Dang- I was just cussing because today I got a prize in the mail- an ashtray. I don't even smoke, but I guess that's what I get for entering a Marlboro contest, every day for the last two months. Drat.

Very cool, Gil :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    That's really cool that you won! I don't know what a Fender VG is, but it looks like it has some kind of piezo pickup (and an extra knob). Have you played with that feature to see what it does and how well it works?

Is the Fender admin Brad Traweek? If it is he was an avid G&L guitar collector and was the original web admin of the guitars by Leo discussion board. Some years ago he sold the board to G&L and went to work for Fender. I don't know whether Fender knows it, he still has several G&Ls in his collection.
    Same one - and he has said so - see this thread on www.fender.com. :

Brad is a nice guy - he and I have had some email conversations about various subjects.

And yes, the VG is special - is has a Roland pickup - the extra knobs allow one to use different tunings, and it will model different guitars. Check the specs of the Fender VG Strat

And yes I've checked it out - some of the modeling is very, very good - others not so much. : I've only had it for 24 hours - I need a little more time. The guitar being an American Strat makes the difference - the guitar is just wonderful as a guitar - no on-board electronics needed.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you on winning that awesome VG Strat!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Janus
    Email - the official notice must have been spam trapped somewhere - the Fender admin Brad sent me a note from his gmail account and said I had won "something" - he then sent me a copy of the official notice - I couldn't believe it - it's the first thing of any value I've won since high school :

Gil, a very happy camper
    I won a cross that glowed in the dark. Nothing else comes to mind.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic, Gil! That is a great prize to win. I bet just about any guitar player would love to have one of those guitars. I have played that VG strat, and it's really nice. Plays well, many good sounds and it IS a Real Fender Strat!

Cheers for you!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Gil,

I am curious, what pickups would the basic guitar have? Are they very hot? Maybe more vintage or something like that?

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Gil! That's a really sweet guitar! My minister of music's daughter has one and it feels pretty good. I haven't played it other than tuning it for her, but it does have a nice feel. It'll definitely give you a variety of sounds and tones.

Now, if only she could play the darn thing... :

Post Thanks / Like

Very Very Nice Gil!!!.I am very happy for ya.

Congrats and enjoy your new Guitar!!

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome win on a great guitar

Post Thanks / Like

That is fantastic news Gil!

...but I didn't know that you were Jerry Garcia .
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

You know Gil, by me instilling in your head that I was going to win that guitar, it allowed you to go on with life without worrying about your chances.

I think you owe me.
    Mark

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Gil nice score. Christmas came early and it was nice of Santa to bring it personally.... OOPs that is you. Never mind!
    Just Kidding I had to. I have a 60th Ann. in those colors and I really like it.
    To win something as nice as that is awsome! I bet she plays real nice.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

That's fantastic Gil ! congrats !

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Wow, fantastic! I entered that contest too, iirc.

Congrats. No hard feelings, since I've won 2 overdrive pedals in the last couple months from contests on another site.

Post Thanks / Like

did I mention I won a cross that glows in the dark?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    did I mention I won a cross that glows in the dark?
    I won a ham once. I was a vegetarian at the time.

By the the time I got home, I was no longer a vegetarian & I only had a hambone to give to my wife.
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12