Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1980 Daion Mugen Mark V acoustic

Thread: 1980 Daion Mugen Mark V acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1980 Daion Mugen Mark V acoustic

Sounds like a Japanese hot-rod all right...

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful guit SPT! How does she sound?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Great, actually reminds me a lot of my D-67SJ Washburn. Now that I think they were made by the same people, it doesn't surprise me all that much.
    However, the bracing of the two is quite different...

(Edit: I just realized this one and the D-67 share a cedar top and do have a similar tone. Guess I like cedar more than I thought...)
    Last edited by spt; August 1st, 2008 at 08:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I saw your post over on the Washburn forum. Very interesting.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful dread. Interesting blend of Martin'esque design touches and some very unique design elements. Very striking. The pic you posted over the the washie forum look much more like martin clones.

Thanks for the pics.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

she sure is purdy...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=evenkeel] The pic you posted over the the washie forum look much more like martin clones.[/quote

I agree with you. But you know, if the bridge of this Mark V were conventional (like in the Mark I and Mark II), it would look just like another Martin clone...
    I believe that could be one reason why Washburn went for the triangular headstock around 83.