Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concert for George

Post Thanks / Like

Default Concert for George

Watched the "Concert for George" recently. Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1EZcrZEIs

Ringo has goofy (in a good way) as ever, but the lyrics are so poignant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2FB...eature=related
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

The Concert for George quickly became one of my favorite DVDs in my collection. I think it is one of the best tributes/sendoffs for a friend anyone could ever hope to have. I don't normally like to show emotion but I came close to getting misty when Ringo sang Photograph and then even more so when All Things Must Pass was performed. What really did me in good was Joe Brown closing it out with I'll See You In My Dreams. Tito get me a tissue...
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at his son just brings back fond memory of the early to mid 60's when the Beatles were everywhere and everything when it came to my musical world.

When my time comes, I would like all of you to get together and do a tribute for the guy you never met, but through this forum got to know.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

If I may, I would like to add another.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Strum. That one tugs at the heartstrings too...

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Strum be honest now. Doesn't it look like if you grabbed Jeff Lynne's hat his hair will come off with it?

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Strum be honest now. Doesn't it look like if you grabbed Jeff Lynne's hat his hair will come off with it?
    You mean it doesn't come off

And yes, the Concert for George is my favorite music DVD - they did a fine job with gathering his friends together to celebrate his life and music. I choke up with more than one of those tunes.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Your right, I gotta get me one of those hats. A lot of hats being worn by the older generation (my generation) these days.

Another side note: Clapton's voice really fits Harrison's songs.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, is anyone near or living in Branson Missouri? George's sister Louise has the starlite there and is showing a beatle's collection as well as having " liverpool" the beatles review group play there...I have been wanting to make the drive and see... concert for george= great music !

Post Thanks / Like

We do love George. Watching the DVD gives me chills and then I cry. Strange.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evenkeel
    Watched the "Concert for George" recently. Great stuff.
    When I saw the concert for the first time, I zapped in a broadcasting of the german television program "3Sat".

I recognized them all: Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynn, Ringo Starr, Tom Petty...

But who was the young man in the white shirt? He is so young, he couldn't be one of George's fellows..... Believe it or not, it took me about half an hour to see that the young man looks a lot like the man on the big fotograph hanging on the stage. I felt so ashamed....

But it was really a great heart touching concert.
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; August 4th, 2008 at 05:00 AM.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Great DVD I have almost wore mine out such a good tribute to a good person and musician

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, its nice to have a pc that actually works! Just Strum did you receive the letter jpeg from me? Saw a poster this morning on our PriceChppper ( grocery store) window that confirms what I read, Louise Harrison will actually greet you after the liverpool concert( in Branson) ..gotta go see and meet and have my pic taken with her !!! Just tooo cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan P
    Gee, its nice to have a pc that actually works! Just Strum did you receive the letter jpeg from me? Saw a poster this morning on our PriceChppper ( grocery store) window that confirms what I read, Louise Harrison will actually greet you after the liverpool concert( in Branson) ..gotta go see and meet and have my pic taken with her !!! Just tooo cool
    Yep, I got it. Interesting, what else do you know about it?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Searched for Judy felger, did not get any hits that made sense, the letter is dated nov.67 on the envelope, the time line is there too, they were in studio recording exactly at that time, what the big question is, is this the mother of George or Sis, as both are named Louise, and the biggest kick of the whole thing is louise's signature, I have a old poster that has silkscreened signatures of the beatles and the harrison is almost identical to louise's, I really dont know what to think, thats reason enough for me to take a 3 hour ride ! If I can get her to look at it...we can get to the bottom......

Post Thanks / Like

Searched for Judy felger, did not get any hits that made sense, the letter is dated nov.67 on the envelope, the time line is there too, they were in studio recording exactly at that time, what the big question is, is this the mother of George or Sis, as both are named Louise, and the biggest kick of the whole thing is louise's signature, I have a old poster that has silkscreened signatures of the beatles and the harrison is almost identical to louise's, I really dont know what to think, thats reason enough for me to take a 3 hour ride ! If I can get her to look at it...we can get to the bottom......
    Is what you have the original or copy? If original, I hope you are not taking that with you.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

no copy, real thing...its 40 years old.!

Post Thanks / Like

which is...16 years younger than me..so its not THAT old..

Post Thanks / Like

no copy, real thing...its 40 years old.!
    Well, I wouldn't take it with me, I would take a copy. What are your plans?
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast