Dang, the bridge pickup in my LP Classic just up and died. All of a sudden the bottom just dropped out of it. Bass response was zero. I opened the controls up to see if there was a prob with a tone cap or something not connected right, but nothing seemed obvious.

So I bit the bullet and took it in to my guitar tech, who is an old acquaintance of mine (we've both been around the local scene since the 70's) and who was even briefly in a band with me. He confirmed that it was the pickup and not any other problem.

Anyhow, on his advice I'm putting in a Seymour Duncan Custom 5. Since that's seventy bucks right there, the whole thing'll run around a Benjamin. Still I was gonna get hit with a bench fee anyhow, so I figured I'd go ahead and let someone who knows what he's doing do the work, rather than trying to save a few bucks and be arsed with doing it myself.

Oh well, so many people b*ch about the ceramics that come stock in the Classics (never bothered me none), and since I'm a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" feller, maybe this was God's way of telling me to upgrade.

Still for a cheap b*tard like me... I've bought whole guitars for what this repair will be, haha!