Thread: New Guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Guitar

Well my gram and pap brought me down my birthday present today and guess what it was? A new full size acoustic. Although it isnt the best brand it is surprisingly very good sounding. It is a first act acoustic and i don't have any idea the model number. It definantly beats my first acoustic that was a half-size one that doesn't stay in tune at all and is very badly intonated. It sounds good but cosmetically it could be better the sound hole is kinda rough around it and on the fretboards sides there is paint from the body. All in all i needed a acoustic and this will do just fine. My gram and pap are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Squireman! I bet it becomes an old friend. Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I wish my gram was still around to buy me things

Congrats on the new guitar. I hope you enjoy it.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! My Grandmother helped my Mom purchase my first electric (a Sears Strat copy), and my Ibanez.

Grandparents are awesome. This may sound a bit corny and sappy, but tell 'em you love them every chance you get, and go visit them frequently.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

First real guitar. How cool is that!!!

Congrats!!!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Congrats! My Grandmother helped my Mom purchase my first electric (a Sears Strat copy), and my Ibanez.

Grandparents are awesome. This may sound a bit corny and sappy, but tell 'em you love them every chance you get, and go visit them frequently.
    Nah i know what you mean. Me and my grandparents are really close. My pap was basicly a father to me cause i had none and my gram helped raise me and my brothers because my mom was at school(college) and was working two jobs too. I am at there house almost every weekend kinda because of the food and mostly cause they are actually fun grandparents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    You got that right- I was lucky that my grandmother lived right next to my house when I was growing up. She still lives with my mother, at age 98
    It's always good to tell 'em you love 'em, and it's nice to hear that you feel that way too, Squire. Enjoy that guitar! :