Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What Strat would you buy? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Strat would you buy?

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy the Highway One sunburst Strat.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    If I had high dollar I would get a:

-Custom LTD 1955 strat

I can't believe I said that hahahahaha

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    That MIM 60th anniversary Strat looks mighty sexy. When I buy myself a strat, this time I'll go with a Fender (or else a higher end brand). I want to treat myself to a guitar with overall great quality. Squiers, SX and so on, they are fantastic for the price, but you do get cheap mechanics, etc. I don't mind having several low end nice guitars, but one or two that is a bit higher quality is something I think I need. (don't tell my wife I said that).

I really want a tremolo I can use that also stays in tune. I'm suspicious about the cheap guitars here - although I could always swap the bridge out, but then the overall price goes up... oh well, we'll see.

Right now, I'm eyeing the MIM 60th anniversary Strat the hardest.
    i have a squire affinity strat which the trem stays in tune

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fender Stratocaster® Custom Shop Limited Edition - 60s Stratocaster Relic LTD Guitar

"What do you guys thinl about this one?
    However it is over my budget ... Last time I checked it was $4600. I like it's look, but I wonder how it sounds and feels like. Anyone got a chance to try one?

Fender Stratocaster® Custom Shop Limited Edition - 60s Stratocaster Relic LTD Guitar

Description:
    The Fender 60s Stratocaster Relic LTD Electric Guitar looks like a real vintage classic thanks to aged knobs, pickup covers, pickguard, tremolo, and switch tip. U-shaped maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Vintage tuners and tremolo. Fender includes three vintage single-coil pickups with your '60s Stratocaster for sound as old as it looks.

Unique Features of Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 60s Stratocaster Relic LTD Electric Guitar:
    -‘60s Oval “C” Shape Maple Neck
    -Middle Pickup is Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity
    -Tinted Neck
    -Custom Shop Limited Edition Decal
    -Limited Edition Certificate
    -Bone Nut
    -All Original Detailing
    -Built From Original Tooling
    Shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.

Colors ((482) Black over 3-Color Sunburst
    (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
    Body Premium Lightweight Alder Body
    Neck Maple, ‘60s Oval “C” Shape,
    (Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
    Fingerboard Dark Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241mm)
    No. of Frets 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
    Pickups 3 Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat® Pickups,
    Custom middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in switch positions 2 and 4

Fender 60s Stratocaster Relic LTD Guitar Review"
    Last edited by Robert; August 22nd, 2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: fixed broken url
    Don't buy a guitar before you know what you're buying!
    www.TopGuitars.info = Find hundreds of reviews on electric, acoustic & bass guitars

Post Thanks / Like

A Classic Players '60s just like the one in the pic. Than I woud "age" them white plastic parts. I haven't bought a thing this year, all of 2007. G.A.S. is pressing pretty hard and the budget is not cooperating.
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Amps: Fender Blues Jr., Line 6 Spider II 112

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading Elavds review of the guitar sayng (among the rest) :

"The color contrast of the sonic blue, the mint green pickguard and the aged plastic parts is wonderful!!! The guitar looks as an old guitar forgoten for a long long time unplayed…"

Strike the above mentioned "aging" of white plastic parts.:
    It's just that in the pic that I posted above, the pickguard, pick up covers and knobs look so pale...I'm not into relicing, but I have a dislike the 100% white plastic, that's all...
    Guitars: '05 MIA Fender Strat HSS, '04 MIA Fender Strat SSS, '03 Burns Steer, '83 Hondo LP copy (project)

Pedals: Boss BD-2, Boss CS-3, Boss DS-1, Ibanez TS9DX, Ibanez AW7, Ibanez FZ7, DigiTech Bad Monkey, BYOC Lazy Sprocket (in progress - almost there), Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had the cash, I'd probably get a highway one strat, if they come in swamp ash, otherwise, I'd probably get an SX, I might get one of their jazz bass models as a backup for my fender, and also as a platform for modding.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Choice of strat

I just got two Highway One's, an sss and a hss. $388 each, new through a big chain I have no affilliation with, initials, GC. This deal is NOT advertized; you need to call the store and talk to the manager. Tell him what you heard about the 388 deal. I just got my two. Had to call around.

The pickups are not regular strat pickups but incorporate some special system. They play great. The necks are thin, not like base ball bats. The quality of build is excellent. The parts are really good, like a steel tremolo block (tested with a magnet). The h'bucker is hot and the singles are hot, alnico pickups. The tonal variety on the hss is outstanding as is the sss, using the five way switch. So a lot of people wouldn't want to replace the pickups. They are supposed to have a certain deeper tone engineered in by Fender. I was thinking about putting my set of locking Fender tuners on one and a set of stainless saddles, but was advised by some pro's not to alter it. I might do it anyway because I know it will change the sound, especially the stainless saddles.

I would say think about a Highway One. Supposedly they have been getting some undeserved put downs.

Think about it: made in Mexico - made in USA.

The Hwy 1's have this cool finish that glows. They are definitely worth looking at and playing and seeing if you can get the deal if you are thinking about money. Compare on to a MIM, MIM's are everywhere. Try finding a Hwy 1 at the sale price. There is a reason they are hard to find.

I probably would have bought a MIM strat if I didn't find out about this deal; although those Agile higher end ones are supposed to be nice like the 802 or 1000. Even the cheap SX SST's are cool and, obviously, can be modified. I put a Lil' Killer twin rail in the bridge on one. It was 17K the stock one was like 5K. That little killer had real bite too, not a muffled tone at all.

Below are two Highway One's (the center maroon guitar body is not discolored, that is pixelization mess ups from the low quality attachment settings I used. It is a perfect maroon stain you can see the grain through to some degree, more so on the blonde one):

Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Say Duff...
    Those are pretty nice lookin "value" Strats, and I'm very curious about the HSS in particular. Is there an audio clip or two floating around that I could listen to?

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Strats

Those Hwy one's are 2007's by the way, at 388 US each.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

pes_laul Guest

Lately I've been GASing for one of those floyd rose equipped strats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian30
    A Classic Players '60s just like the one in the pic. Than I woud "age" them white plastic parts. I haven't bought a thing this year, all of 2007. G.A.S. is pressing pretty hard and the budget is not cooperating.
    Can you elaborate on why you'd choose this one Adrian?

Also I'd be interested in why you'd opt for a rosewood fretboard over maple.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one. The culmination of 53 years of Stratocaster progress.

CLICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Can you elaborate on why you'd choose this one Adrian?

Also I'd be interested in why you'd opt for a rosewood fretboard over maple.
    Sorry for a late response, Tot.
    I played one of these strats at GC, along with few other guitars, really more testing a used Crate amp than guitars, and loved it. It just sounded good and felt great! As for the rosewood, I have three guitars with maple fretboard, and I’m more than ready to have one with rosewood fetboard. Besides, in pure visual grounds, I like the contrast between the light colors of the body and dark fretboard. I think it looks really retro-edgy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian30
    Sorry for a late response, Tot.
    I played one of these strats at GC, along with few other guitars, really more testing a used Crate amp than guitars, and loved it. It just sounded good and felt great! As for the rosewood, I have three guitars with maple fretboard, and I’m more than ready to have one with rosewood fetboard. Besides, in pure visual grounds, I like the contrast between the light colors of the body and dark fretboard. I think it looks really retro-edgy.
    Adrian, it's an amazing guitar for the price. It's like stepping into a time machine each time you play - you are quite right - no need to age any parts it's perfect as is. I'm not sure the picture you posted is an actual Classic Player because the blue is much lighter than that on the CP60's - it's almost white. You can check my youtube vids in my sig - I have two with my CP60's.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Adrian, it's an amazing guitar for the price. It's like stepping into a time machine each time you play - you are quite right - no need to age any parts it's perfect as is. I'm not sure the picture you posted is an actual Classic Player because the blue is much lighter than that on the CP60's - it's almost white. You can check my youtube vids in my sig - I have two with my CP60's.
    I did check out your youtube videos, and let me say first that I like your playing and tone.:
    As for the picture that I posted, I think i snached it from the MF website, supposedly describing the CP 60's, but who knows...maybe a bad picture, altered colors?
    Anyhow, I found this to be a great sounding and cool looking guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Adrian, I have had a bunch of maple boards, then I'd go for the rosewwod too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Sweet playing on those vids Lev!
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345