Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Line 6 M13 stomp box modeler - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Line 6 M13 stomp box modeler

Post Thanks / Like

Germany's biggest guitar magazine writes that this stomp monster opens the door for Joe Normal to enter the world that is usually only accessible to poeple who can afford Bob Bradshaw systems.

some of the Line6 stomps had great quality, so I think it is a good buck for the money. The idea is really cool and the true bypass feature makes it even worth the money.

I am not sure if I would buy it, as I get along with 1-2 stomp boxes in my set up.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Omg!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, someone find a package at the door today?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Hmm, someone find a package at the door today?
    Nope. But the FedEx driver brought me a wine soaked box with an M13 in it.:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wish those FedEx drivers would quit spilling their wine while they are driving! Was he drinking red? It stains you know.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The box it came in was soaked but the unit was bagged in plastic so everything is good. Besides, this thing is NEVER going to see the inside of a box ever again. It's great! I have a bunch of pedals for sale now and a much easier more flexible set up.

Check one out if you can. I'm getting great sounds right away and it's super easy to tweak and simple to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Another post showing appreciation for the M13

I just updated the whole effect unit. How cool is that? Can you download and install the latest version of your Tube Screamer?

This is what I love. As they make it better I just update it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a really cool unit Spuds!

What effects/pedals do you dig so far?

Also. This thread is useless without clips.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, congrats! I can imagine it being a lot of fun playing and experimenting with the M13. I think it is the most innovative Line6 product in a long time. What I heard of this unit so far (only internet clips) was pretty convincing. Look forward to hearing some clips of you playing that unit!

J75
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

OK.

I've done it.

I bought one too! :

Impressions are GREAT thus far; in fact, I'm taking it to a gig next Wednesday! :
    Gearlist:
    Guitars
    - Kramer Pacer Deluxe (’87) with SD pickups
    - EBMM 25th Anniversary hardtail
    - EBMM Axis Super Sport hardtail
    - Squier CV Tele (Reliced!)
    - "Relic Wallpaper Squier ’51 (heavily modded)
    - Custom made Precision type bass with EMG pickup and custom paintjob

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10
    - 2x12” Tube Town "flexi-back" cabinet, with Celestion Speakers

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Visit my page on myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/thegenusloci

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. Be patient and tweak a lot. You'll end up with sounds you've never thought of and still have the basics as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Premier Guitar gave it a good review this last issue (the hot rod guitar issue). They look pretty darn cool!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Congratulations. Be patient and tweak a lot. You'll end up with sounds you've never thought of and still have the basics as well.
    Thanks Spud!

The M13 replaced a bunch of pedals I used to have on my pedalboard. In fact, it cost me a lot less than the total amount I got from selling them! Even after a few days of tweaking I've got most of the tones I need for live work.

I kept a few pedals which I consider as "keepers", such as my EHX Deluxe Memory Man, my Budda Bud-wah and a few others; also I am soon to get a couple of custom made OD pedals (from a good friend of mine) which have a somewhat unique tonal character to them. But the M13 will be my "grab and go" box of effects, and without any compromises with my sound.

Highly recommended; and firmware version 1.05 is around the corner too.
    Gearlist:
    Guitars

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10

Effects, etc
    Peterson Strobostomp, Budda Bud-wah, BYOC Script Phaser, Proco RAT (original), Boss HM-2 (modded), EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeller, Axon AX-100 MkII, Digitech GSP1101/Control2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Highly recommended; and firmware version 1.05 is around the corner too.
    I noticed that. Rich said they are already looking at a 1.06 update in late summer. I think it's great that Line 6 are really listening to the guys that are using the M13. They seem to really want this to fly and to take care of the folks that have bought them already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know I have asked this, and the answer has just not stuck with me. Could you tell me again please, why this one is better in your minds than the Digitech one that is similar?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I know I have asked this, and the answer has just not stuck with me. Could you tell me again please, why this one is better in your minds than the Digitech one that is similar?
    With the M13 you don't have to deal with amph modeling, you get much more flexible routing, constant updates, you can also run 4 of the same effect at a time. As far as I now this is the only unit out that can do that. It also allows you to set up 12 separate pedal boards that can be accessed with 1 button stomp.
    Last edited by Spudman; January 26th, 2009 at 02:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    With the M13 you don't have to deal with amph modeling, you get much more flexible routing, constant updates, you can also run 4 of the same effect at a time. As far as I now this is the only unit out that can do that. I also allows you to set up 12 separate pedal boards that can be accessed with 1 button stomp.
    Being able to combine 4 of *whatever* stomp models was a major selling point in my case.

Also the routing is almost perfect (for a digital device), and the arrangement is almost identical to pedals. A trackload of pedals.

The only things I miss are, a global volume setting and the ability to bypass the whole thing with one click. But both can be taken care of with a simple and efficient bypass box, perhaps with a good buffer to implement the master volume issue too.
    Gearlist:
    Guitars

Amps
    - THD Univalve
    - Tech21 Trademark 10

Effects, etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I feel GAS coming on... and I swore 2009 would be a GAS free year!!

Check this video demo: http://www.joost.com/298o8vt/t/Line-6-M13
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

After several months of ownership and an intense weekend of searching for sounds and making a racket I have to say that this is the best pedal I've owned yet. It just never leaves me wanting, I get unreal sounds from it, it helps me to be more creative and it keeps me wondering what else I can make it do. Truly a great piece of gear. :

My first tendency after I got it was to always compare the modeled sounds with what I thought the pedals that were being modeled should sound like. Big mistake, but still a process that a lot of people are going to go through. When I quit doing that and just started searching for my own sounds and dialing them in, I have been greatly rewarded. There are so many cools sounds in this thing. Wow. I've got my first 'scene' really dialed and it suits a majority of what my needs are. Soon I'll have to set up some other scenes for other moods and feelings.

All in all - just a great unit. It's definitely curbed my pedal gas.

bank one
    Classic Distortion
    Tube Drive
    Vetta Comp

bank two
    Dimension Chorus
    Optical Tremolo
    Line 6 Drive

bank three
    Throbber
    Synthomatic
    Analog Delay