Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Line 6 M13 stomp box modeler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spud, are you using this exclusively now or in combination with other pedals? Also do you just stick it in front of the amp or do you put the delay/modulation through the Fx loop on your amp. Curious to know how the distortions/overdrives sound (usually line6's weaker fx). I think it's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger on one of these.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm using it exclusively with maybe a wah in front. I really like everything I can get from it. I may in the future throw some things into the loop on the M13 but for now I'm happy just the way it is.

I run it straight into the front of a semi clean amph. Guitar>M13>Amph (2 cables). One of these days I'll try the delays into the amp's loop (4 cables) but for now I like the lo-fi sound going into the front.

If you spend time tweaking the dirt on it it is very satisfying but you must tweak. The knobs don't always work like you would expect a mid, treble, bass, drive to work on a conventional pedal. The trick is to play with the knobs on each emulation to find out what they do then get your sound. I really like the variety of dirt I can get and the quality of the timbre. Just forget about comparing it to what ever pedal it is supposed to emulate and take it for what it is.

It's cured my pedal g.a.s.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

This is from the product manager:

Jul 17, 2009 3:52 AM
    Oh man guys, Rich here and I am excited...
    The next update for M13 is gonna be huge!!! I have seem some of the things (of course can't say anything) that will be in there and wow, wow, wow....

It is looking like it will be early fallish, so a monthish later than I was thinking, but this one will be worth the wait..

It will be because of your input and I thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line 6 M13 Video Demo

Thought you M13 guys might enjoy this new demo from GW of the Line 6 M13.

Text and vid review and demo - go to middle of page for 7 minute video:

Enjoy!

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/l...ompbox_modeler

G
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pulled the trigger on one of these today
    Had to sacrifice my Vintage Lemon Drop & my PRS Santana SE to fund it but I'm happy to swap 2 guitars that I hardly ever play for an FX unit that I'll use every day.

Should have it in a couple of days. Can't wait, the flexibility should work well for my cover band gigs.

New rig will be Strat -> EX7 -> M13 -> Clean HRDlx
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Lev. I will be interested in how you compare it with the Boss unit you had that seemed kind of similar and also interesting.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    New rig will be Strat -> EX7 -> M13 -> Clean HRDlx
    Congratulations Lev! I know you'll enjoy it. Spend time with it and you'll be greatly rewarded.

That is the same line up that I will be using too. Exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I finally got to use my M13 with the band and all I can say is wow! Sure it was kind of cool around the house and I've really enjoyed getting to know it well, but in the real music setting this thing is an absolute standout. Everything about the guitar is clearer, more controlled and fun.

I have become a fill in player for a local country band and with my regular analog board it's been difficult to get just the right sound I wanted. On the M13 I'm using the Blue Compressor for clean picking and strumming, the Tube Screamer for light grit and the Tube Drive for heavier stuff. I also have 3 different delays so I can get the chicken picking slap back or long filling delays and one other all set with the tap tempo button. The reverb is turned off on my amph and I'm using one of the M13 reverbs. I also have a chorus and tremolo set up as well.

The best thing about this is....that it just sounds great. Not merely good but really great in the mix. There is more presence to the guitar no matter what effect I run. These at the often found street price of $399 are a complete steal. Forget about comparing it to whatever pedal it is supposed to be modeled after and just play the damn thing and use your ears. They will be quite satisfied.

I'm really excited for the fall update which is free for M13 owners to download. :

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll be doing my first gig with mine next month. For the moment I'm going to use my Dano Cool Cat Drive in front of it as I haven't had much time to tweek the distortions. The distortions sound great at home but rehearsal time with the band is precious so I'll gradually start using them as I get time. Anyone who slates Line 6 really needs to try one of these units.

Spud, are you using anything for boosting your solos? So far I've setup the Tube Comp as a boost but was wondering if there are any other options?
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

I have my TS module in the second slot so that I can stack the Comp or Tube Drive on top of it if I need a boost. Otherwise just the Wah pedal is in front of the M13. I'm usually just rolling up my volume for lead boosts anyway. Eventually I'm going to try some other pedals with the M13 just to see what happens but for now I can easily get the job done with just the M13.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the new update for the M13 might come out tonight.

Here is the news from Line 6

Here is a simple straight forward list of all the new stuff.

New stuff in M13 2.0 update since 1.07
    New Models (Descriptions on the M13 website now)
    Pattern Tremolo
    Barberpole Phaser
    Script Phaser
    AC Flanger with Bucket Brigade chip modeled
    80A Flanger with Bucket Brigade chip modeled
    Frequency Shifter Line 6 original
    Clean Bass Octaver
    5 EQs
    8 Wahs
    Smart Harmony
    Pitch Glide
    Particle Verb Line 6 original

New Features for 2.0 M13
    Relative mode (parameters don’t jump to the knob position)
    4 folders of 12 scenes each (total of 48 scenes) Also accessible via Midi
    Copy effect from one Scene to another Scene.
    Control the Looper via midi without the M13 going into looper mode
    Dim OFF for inactive pedals
    Heel/Toe pixels to show you where the expression pedal heal and toe are
    Sync to Midi beat clock
    Re-syncing LFOs for mods and filters on Tap tempo

New features from 1.07 update if you are on 1.04
    BPM in menu that is scene specific
    FX loop OFF as a parameter to use that is scene specific
    Octo verb crackles fixed
    Hitting rev from record/overdub goes into play reversed immediately

Post Thanks / Like

The new update is officially released. Go get em.

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GAWD! The update is incredible. I feel like I was just given $500 worth of stuff for free. Every effect sounds better and there are now 48! scenes instead of the original 12. 48!!! pedal boards! Amazing!

More on this later.:

Post Thanks / Like

Guess what I'll be doing tonight instead of practicing? I'm excited for the updates and please to hear that so many more effects -- including wahs -- are available.

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back home now and I'm going to go experiment with the wahs and other stuff. So far every new effect I've heard has sounded really good. The parameter knobs on all functions work better than before. No jumping - nice and smooth. Report to follow. I'm really excited.

This is going to the gig this weekend for sure. It took no time at all to dial in a new scene for the majority of my material. Today I'm going to do 2 more scenes just in case I want some other flavors. I'll put wahs in the new scenes as well as the whammy.

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried the wahs and every one of them sounds great and unique. Smooth and no scratchiness from dirty pots either.: In wahs alone if I purchased everyone included in the M13 it would cost me easily over $1,000.

Now for the Whammy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just did the update today and I'm blown away!! This was already a great FX unit, it is now simply OUTSTANDING. Line 6 claim they did nothing to the Drive selection with this update but the Tube Driver model sound just killer now since the update. The harmonizer tracks perfectly and I can now get a solo boost by using the new EQ's. Simply brilliant, can't wait to gig with this thing in a couple of weeks time
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Everything on the unit sounds better eh? I noticed that right away. All the new pedals they gave us were way above the call of duty. They just turned this from an okay multi to a must have. Brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like

I had to pull the trigger on this one,makes to much sense,alot of boxes in one pedal for the price of a couple of good ones with a 2 yr warranty and the way you guys are going on about those updates couldn't resist.Now where is that UPS driver at?Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast