Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Line 6 M13 stomp box modeler

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get the M13 or M9 Sumi ??? What prompted the decision?

“Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

I went for the M13,I really dont know much about either but the way Spud was almost pissing his pant's over the sounds on the updates,I thought why not go for the gusto,got 20% off and two years warranty,can't beet that.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Sumi. I nearly wet myself tonight at the gig when I turned on the bias tremolo. Sweet! There are so many good sounds that it's making it easy to be more creative. Our bass player was tickled too because of the new sounds I'm bringing to their old tunes.

Don't be impatient with the unit. Keep tweaking and you'll be greatly rewarded. Still I think the M13 really holds up with a band the best. The sounds really come through.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

See what I mean,When one of the accomplished players around here (not me) like Spud or some of the other guys gets all worked up about a amph or some pedals ect. I think it demands looking into.So yea I cant wait.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Half of me wants to tell the world how great this unit is and half of me wants to keep it secret so that I can have a better tone than everyone else.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd be very interested in the M9 version, the 13 is way too much for me...I don't use much time/mod FX, well none usually, but it'd be nice to have several different OD settings.

Trouble is I don't much like the OD examples I can find of the unit. The Colordrive seems like it can give a nice very heavy sound but the screamers etc. seem a tad lacking and/or buzzy...I really would need to test the unit properly to see how it'd work with my rig.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

On it's way today,hope the manual is a short one,I just like to plug and play.Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Well the manual is a short one and it says it's bonehead simple(I'm not at bonehead level yet)but man are there alot of different sounds in this thing and I haven't tried nearly any of them.I'll play with it for awhile before I even think about updating it.Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Update it right away. You'll be glad you did. Then download the advanced users guide from the Line 6 web site.
    http://line6.com/support/manuals/?fa...Submit&1st=1st

Seriously, do the update. It's amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Dayum, Sumi got his....

Mine should be in my grimy hands by next Tuesday ....

Post settings!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Update it right away. You'll be glad you did. Then download the advanced users guide from the Line 6 web site.
    http://line6.com/support/manuals/?fa...Submit&1st=1st

Seriously, do the update. It's amazing.
    +1 the update makes everything sound better.
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

I have to find a midi/usb cable,but I played with this sucker alot last night into my little Supro(this is a old supro 1 6v6)it sounded good on it's own,better with buckers than singles and a pedal would wake it up,I used the Rodent into it,but this thing is great,what full sounds I can get and then playing with some of that other stuff sounded like the Martians were landing.I should have bought one of these a long time ago.The thing I dig most is it's in ONE package.Sumi P.S. I may not be around for a few days cause I'll be playing!

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait until you get to know it better and have more sounds dialed as you like them. The 2.0 update is going to blow your mind. Like Lev says everything sounds much better and they gave us at least a $1,000 worth of new pedals in the update. So cool!

In 2.0 the levels are more consistent and the sounds are higher quality sounding compared to prior releases. I don't know what they did but I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Just wait until you get to know it better and have more sounds dialed as you like them. The 2.0 update is going to blow your mind. Like Lev says everything sounds much better and they gave us at least a $1,000 worth of new pedals in the update. So cool!

In 2.0 the levels are more consistent and the sounds are higher quality sounding compared to prior releases. I don't know what they did but I really like it.
    After reading all these positive comments a short clip of your favorite presets could be cool ..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    After reading all these positive comments a short clip of your favorite presets could be cool ..
    There are a couple of guys on You Tube who have done a real good job of doing clips you should check out Stilwel and Dognmoon's videos. I no longer have any original presets. I have built all my own patches.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dognmoon
    http://www.youtube.com/user/stilwel

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am officially interested. So how does the M9 and M13 differ from the POD XT etc units? Don't they have all the stompbox models too? I know they have amp modeling, but I assume you can turn that stuff off and use the POD units as a pedal board as well, no?

I assume you need an expression pedal for the wah models then?

The M9 doesn't have the fx loop built in, is that and the size the only difference between the M9 and the M13?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get the M13 and don't worry about anything but a control pedal. Some people like the Ernie Ball 25K volume pedal because the throw isn't too far off from a regular wah pedal. Otherwise you might be able to score a Line 6 control pedal when you buy and M unit but has a longer throw.

You are right that the M9 doesn't have a loop which makes it less versatile than the M13. You'll also enjoy the extra screens on the 13 over the 9. For slightly more at suggested retail the M13 is the ticket. At street price you can get an M13 for the price of a new M9. So the 13 is the smarter way to go. Just don't expect the drives to be exactly like anything you are familiar with and you'll be fine. Accept them for what they are and just go with it.

The POD models do not have the same quality of sounds. None of the POD units do. The XT Live doesn't have all the sounds the M units do and the effect quality is not the same. The big question from the XTL users is 'when can we get an update that sounds and reacts like the M13 update?' So far it doesn't look like it will happen. The processor is different is my guess. The M units don't have any amph modeling in them either. It's just effects. Many guys are ditching their XT Lives and going with the M13 and are reporting back that they are quite happy.

I've never had any piece of gear curb my g.a.s. the way the M13 has.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The 13 allows 4 simultaneous effects whereas the 9 only allows 3. That's a big deal coz I'm actually finding just 4 somewhat limitting. With my regular effects I rarely had more than 2 pedals on at one time but the possibilities with the M units are so vast you'll want to run lots of sounds together.
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the Tube Drive effect, this guy demo's it far better than I could.

- Lev

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast