Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My new Wendler fretless bass

Thread: My new Wendler fretless bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new Wendler fretless bass

This is hands down the best bass i have ever laid hands on. With it's innovative magpi system you can blend a warm piezo tone with the great electric tone smooth to get it just how you want it. The piezo/acoustic tone is as close as you can come to upright in a "normal" bass, its just fantastic.
    I could go on raving about it but lets make it short. It looks great, it sounds great, it feels great and i'm bloody happy about it

They are built to order so you can customize how you want it. Dave Wendler is a great guy, really nice to deal with and always helpful.
    Oh and the price...they start from 999usd and then you add any extras you might want (like ebony board instead of pau ferro etc). And come one, 999usd for a handmade instrument thats just insanely good deal!!!!

oh and Dave also makes fantastic guitars, i do own one of those aswell :

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, nice bass!

What lake is that?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

that's Rocksjön

Post Thanks / Like

oh... I should have seen that! I´ve been there a couple of times.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

That's a beautiful instrument Carlström It very much resembles an acoustic bass in ways... Awesome!

I love the backdrop for the photo's, I can imagine their is a lunker Pike hiding in the grass just waiting to be caught!
    Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That looks like an object de art as much as an instrument.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

That has got to be, hands down, the most beautiful bass I have ever seen.

$999 for craftsmanship like that is ridiculously good. It's nice to see someone doing what appears to be quality, custom work at a decent price.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Well I did put on some options to my bass, burst finish and ebony board so it ran abit more than 999 but still a very very good deal for me

Post Thanks / Like

And you dare to bring a 999+ usd instrument to Rocksjön??

Post Thanks / Like

of course, much safer than bringing it to Munksjön or Vätterstranden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlström
    of course, much safer than bringing it to Munksjön or Vätterstranden
    Or Torneträsk or Storsjön for that matter!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus