Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pre-Built BYOC Pedal Kits - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Built BYOC Pedal Kits

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Another little ** BUMP **

I have a couple of things to order from BYOC, so if anybody wants to save a couple of extra dollars on a pedal via consolidated shipment, now would be an excellent time to piggyback your pre-built pedal order onto this....

Extra-special offer: I'll knock an extra $10 off for the first person to order the BYOC Mouse v.2 pedal. I'm so curious to hear what the new 6-way clipping switch does, I'll eat the $10 just to find out. $115 decaled & painted or $95 for assembled but unfinished. Man, that pedal looks just too cool....
    Does the kit come out more like the original or the Rat 2? I am also curious about the delay. I still need a delay.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It's based upon the ORIGINAL version of the Rat, not the Rat 2. The BYOC 6-way clipping switch modification sacrifices nothing of the original circuit--it just adds 5 more clipping options. Two (along with the "stock" setting) use the original clipping path to ground--the usual route for distortion pedals--while the other three are in the feedback loop to the opamp, which is the classic Tube Screamer approach to less distorted "overdrive" clipping. The combination of both modes gives this new BYOC Mouse an incredibly broad range of distorted signal character.

My personal BYOC Mouse, dubbed the "Rabid Rodent", is based upon the v.1 kit, and has the stock clipping, one mode of "overdrive" clipping (silicon diodes), and a "diode lift" mode (i.e. no clipping; basically a boost), which candidly isn't all that useful if you already have a boost pedal. I added a switch to go between the stock clipping and LED clipping, a.k.a. "Turbo Rat" mode. But this new version offers a lot more....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

3. September 2nd, 2008, 02:54 PM

Reason
    not necessary to thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, I am in. Rat on the way for my upcoming B-day. Yee Hah!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be disappointed, Steve! : :

Anybody else want in on this BYOC order I'll be making? Now's the time to jump on board. See list of available BYOC kits in the first post in this thread. If you see one that grabs you, just PM me for a quote!

For any of you mulling over that new Mouse, here's the pedal graphic mockup. Steve's will include one additional mod to the kit--a toggle switch on the left side to go between stock Rat mode and what is known as the "Ruetz mod". This popular Rat circuit mod drops the gain, smoothes the distortion some, and expands the pedal's bottom end.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else want in on this BYOC order I'll be making? Now's the time to jump on board. See list of available BYOC kits in the first post in this thread. If you see one that grabs you, just PM me for a quote!
    Stop it! You're evil.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

You know you want one, Spuds. Surrender to the inevitable....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

You know you want one, Spuds. Surrender to the inevitable....
    I will not succumb to the Dark Side.

How much is the Octavia clone?

Post Thanks / Like

How can i get intouch with you man , e mail or something..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Blazes, you can PM him, or he has a website link in his sig line. DVM is very nice to deal with. I am sure you will be pleased if you do.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend Voodooman's pedal creations to anyone. I've got several of his pedals and every one of them is top notch. Unsurpassed in build quality and sound.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blazes
    How can i get intouch with you man , e mail or something..
    As SVL said, just shoot me a PM here. I don't like to post my e-mail address in the forum, due to spam bots.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

As SVL said, just shoot me a PM here. I don't like to post my e-mail address in the forum, due to spam bots.

Yeah ! understand , i ve found your e mail..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

All this talk of this pedal got me interested to find out more about it.

Here is a really good article on the BYOC Triboost pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, thanks for the link. I had not seen that site before.

Speaking of the Dallas Rangemaster, I just got an order of parts including some terminal strips to build a Dallas Rangemaster clone:

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folder...er/atboost.pdf

Som pix:

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folder...master/drm.htm

I may have to get some OC44s from Small Bear to put in the Triboost and the Rangemaster clone.

I just hope my circuit building skills can do justice to that awesome enclosure, finished by Duhvoodooman. No matter how it sounds, my Triboost will look cool :

tung

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    All this talk of this pedal got me interested to find out more about it.

Here is a really good article on the BYOC Triboost pedal.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

The BYOC Triboost really is a cool pedal. There's nothing else like it available--three boost circuits in one pedal, including the vaunted Dallas Rangemaster germanium boost. As the article points out, there are boutique pedal makers selling simple Rangemaster clones for $300!! Absurd!! This one does that and S-O-O-O much more, for a kit price of $95. Don't want to build it yourself? The ol' Voodoo Man can build you one, painted & decaled, for $125 plus shipping.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The BYOC Triboost really is a cool pedal. There's nothing else like it available--three boost circuits in one pedal, including the vaunted Dallas Rangemaster germanium boost. As the article points out, there are boutique pedal makers selling simple Rangemaster clones for $300!! Absurd!! This one does that and S-O-O-O much more, for a kit price of $95. Don't want to build it yourself? The ol' Voodoo Man can build you one, painted & decaled, for $125 plus shipping.
    Great googly moogly, that is a steal. Fellow Fretters: you need to buy one of these from the DVM before he comes to his senses and starts charging more for his work. Seriously.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12