Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pre-Built BYOC Pedal Kits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Built BYOC Pedal Kits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-Built BYOC Pedal Kits

Now don't get me wrong--I'm not "hanging out a sign" and going whole-hog into the effects pedal business, but I can now offer pre-built BYOC pedal kits on a limited basis. Availability will be determined by other time committments (family, work, church, projects), but I'm confident I can crank a pedal or two out on request, especially if you aren't in a big rush.

If you're not familiar with them, BuildYourOwnClone.com (BYOC) sells an extensive line of do-it-yourself effects pedal kits, most of which are "clones" of highly regarded vintage effects. All of them have been updated to use true mechanical bypass, and many offer additional features that the originals didn't have. The owner/master pedal guru at BYOC is Keith Vonderhulls, and his kits are absolutely first-rate in quality. His circuit boards are the best I've seen & used, and he uses high quality components throughout. I've built many of his pedals now, and have yet to come across one that was a disappointment. Here's a list of his current offerings:

• Vintage Fuzz (Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face clone)
    • MkII Tonebender (SolaSound Tonebender fuzz clone)
    • Large Beaver (Big Muff Pi fuzz clone)
    • Mouse (ProCo Rat clone)
    • Overdrive (Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 clone)
    • Shredder (Marshall Shredmaster clone)
    • 250+ (DOD 250/MXR Dist+ clone)
    • Octave Fuzz (Tycobrahe Octavia clone)
    • Analog Chorus (classic analog "Bucket Brigade" chip; based upon E-H Small Clone)
    • Tremolo (classic Electronics Australia circuit clone)
    • Classic Phaser (MXR "Script" Phase 90 clone)
    • 5-Knob Compressor (Ross compressor + multiple new features)
    • Optical Compressor
    • Armstrong Twin (2-in-1 Orange Squeezer compressor & Green Ringer ring modulator)
    • 10-Band EQ
    • Wah (Clyde McCoy wah clone)
    • Envelope Filter (DOD440 Autowah clone)
    • Triboost (Dallas Rangemaster + 2 other boost modes)
    • Digital Echo & Ping-pong Delay
    • Lazy Sprocket (Boss SG-1 Slow Gear swell clone)
    The kits themselves range in price from $64 - $130 (the wah, due to its special pedal enclosure), with most in the $75 - $100 range as of this writing. If you see one that interests you and you lack either the will or the skill to build it yourself, shoot me a PM and I'll give you a price quote. I can provide just the fully assembled & tested pedal with no finishing (i.e. just a bare metal box), or a finished (painted & decaled) version for an additional $20 - $25. Modifications to the stock circuit would be extra, of course, since these take extra time and (usually) additional parts. In general, I can offer an assembled, tested and finished pedal for around $25 - $40 more than the BYOC kit price, depending upon the model. You won't beat that deal anywhere, believe me.

Purchase Terms: I require 50% down, with the balance due when the finished pedal is ready to ship. Shipping cost is extra, and I generally use US Priority Mail, insured & with delivery confirmation. International shipping just isn't worth the hassle, but I will ship to Canada. PayPal is preferred, but I'll also accept a US Postal Money Order. No personal checks, other types of money orders, credit cards, etc. And I reserve the right to decline orders at any time, for any reason.

If you want to see examples of my work, just look around in the Mods & Projects forum or THIS PAGE on my website. I take pride in doing top-notch work. Several fellow Fretters who have bought pedals from me can vouch for my work. If you've looked into hand-built "boutique" pedals before, you'll know that prices in the $250 - $400 range are the norm. Here's your chance to get that level of quality & performance at a FRACTION of that price range.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, DVM - looks like you are never going to have time to play GUITAR!! You'll have your hands full of wires and solder irons, night and day.
    :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, those pedals all have to be tested, so I'll get at least a few licks in there!!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Well, those pedals all have to be tested, so I'll get at least a few licks in there!!
    oh ....so you will be selling used pedals! used are cheaper....right? :

ww :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    oh ....so you will be selling used pedals! used are cheaper....right? :

ww :
    For you, sure. The "used" discount will be almost as large as the "Warren annoyance factor" surcharge.... :

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

For you, sure. The "used" discount will be almost as large as the "Warren annoyance factor" surcharge.... :
    uh oh.... :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when the universe balances.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

After recieving the Screaming Banshee and my buddy getting that other green monster(its name escapes me)...Im pretty sure all of my future pedal purchases will be from you, great product, great serive, great price and Id rather my money goto somebody who enjoys what they are doing.

If I were to say anything about my Banshee, it would be that the value far exceeds its price...I see and hear people playing Tubescreamers, but its strange I dont envy them for having the original vintage pedal...mines better! But I do envy that "green monster"(Banshee plus?) you hooked my buddy up with...more switchs, knobs, tonal options...thats gotta be better, right?

I see that hot rodded Rat in my future, glad to see more offerings!:

Post Thanks / Like

Algonquin was good enought to remind me that there are several BYOC pedal demos posted on YouTube. The audio quality isn't the greatest on some of them, but at least they'll give you an idea of the basic sound of the effect. You can find 'em here:

These are video demos done by the owner, Keith. There are also a bunch of customer-recorded demos; do a search on "BYOC" and you'll find tons of those....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you take trade ins???
    Im also kinda itchin for a better compressor too.:

Post Thanks / Like

A little ** BUMP ** here.

C'mon, Fretters--somebody here has to be yearning for a high quality, hand-made box-o'-tone!! Lots to choose from! Don't be shy! : :

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I'm yearning, but what pedal is their chorus based on Vood?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Not that I'm yearning, but what pedal is their chorus based on Vood?
    The original version of the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, widely considered among the best of the analog chorus pedals. Kurt Cobain was arguably its best known proponent, but many. many others swear by it, as well.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The original version of the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, widely considered among the best of the analog chorus pedals. Kurt Cobain was arguably its best known proponent, but many. many others swear by it, as well.
    What was different about the original version compared with current production models?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

What was different about the original version compared with current production models?
    Couldn't tell ya, Tot. I've read that the Small Clone reissue (also analog) sounds very good, too.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't tell ya, Tot. I've read that the Small Clone reissue (also analog) sounds very good, too.
    Thanks Vood!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Another little ** BUMP **

I have a couple of things to order from BYOC, so if anybody wants to save a couple of extra dollars on a pedal via consolidated shipment, now would be an excellent time to piggyback your pre-built pedal order onto this....

Extra-special offer: I'll knock an extra $10 off for the first person to order the BYOC Mouse v.2 pedal. I'm so curious to hear what the new 6-way clipping switch does, I'll eat the $10 just to find out. $115 decaled & painted or $95 for assembled but unfinished. Man, that pedal looks just too cool....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know anything about this delay Vood?

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/analogdelay.html
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know anything about this delay Vood?

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/analogdelay.html
    Just that:

1. It will use pure analog "bucket brigade" chip technology
    2. The pedal's release has been delayed to Oct. (at least) by unavailability of those chips
    3. People at the BYOC forums have been drooling over this pedal for a LONG time now. Not surprising when you see the $149 price tag on MXR's "Carbon Copy" analog delay...

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast