Thread: Holy Croc

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holy Croc

Yesterday I'm reading the local paper while eating a sandwich and I see an article about local building permits. Once a month they note the total value of building or improvements submitted for permits in the town.

It is not uncommon to see a store or two at our outlet center. A large number of name brand stores selling overstock or out of season clothes and merchandise. A neat little shopping area that draws in a lot for the local economy.

So as I'm reading the list of construction projects I notice one store going in by the name of Crocs. I think to myself, do they actually have Croc stores? So this morning my daughter tells me she gave her hours at the grocery store she works at to a co-worker and she was going up to Crocs to apply.

My daughter tells me how she hates her current job and the drive and wants something close to the house (the outlet is 3 miles from the house). So I ask "what type of store is it?" and she replies "Oh, it's a shoe store, you know, the one that sells those goofy shoes".

So, Crocs is about to overtake the Strum household. I think SVL is playing a part in this gradual takeover of footwear.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a conspiracy to me Strum. Are you sure the CIA isn't involved?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

tell her the job probably isn't all that it's croc'd up to be!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a sure way to receive a good discount on your footwear..!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dan P
    Sounds like a sure way to receive a good discount on your footwear..!
    She gets a discount at the grocery store. Don't see myself wearing Crocs and even if I did, I'd only be buying one pair. Now, steak, lobster, lunch meats..., I don't stop at one.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

If they follow in the footsteps of Best Buy and start selling guitars too then you'll know SVL was behind the whole thing.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    If they follow in the footsteps of Best Buy and start selling guitars too then you'll know SVL was behind the whole thing.
    Bam!!! you just hit on something, that's what the outlet center needs, a music store. Lot's of young kids with money go to that place.
    Mark