Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clapton Sound Effects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    that has to be you - you've taken your swing and notice the progress of your ball.
    I've not played a single hole of golf... ever!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    how about this pedal to play with....less than $100....

DigiTech Artist Series XAS-EC Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Multi Effects Pedal

ww
    Just strum in a earlier post suggested I google Clapton gear and I did and saw this Crossroads effects in some of my research. I'm going to have to go down to the Guitar Center and check it out.

Thanks for pointing it out. Have you ever used it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayner
    Thanks for pointing it out. Have you ever used it?
    i have not...but i like digitech products....good bang for the buck in my opinion....

sounded like a nice inexpensive place for you to start! :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I've not played a single hole of golf... ever!
    I remember saying that about 10 years ago and stating I never even swung a club. First time out I swung the club about 18 times on the first hole. My score was like 148 and I cheated.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

how about this pedal to play with....less than $100....

DigiTech Artist Series XAS-EC Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Multi Effects Pedal

ww
    or this

http://www.discountgolfworld.com/pro...on&match_type=
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Ah you guys forgot to tell the Wayner about the almighty Talent pedal!Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Thought about it, but then you have to go out and buy the practice pedal. One thing leads to another and then you are GASSING for the Famous Rock Star pedal.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I do believe I could use one of those "talent" pedals. Where can I get one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Wayner
    I do believe I could use one of those "talent" pedals. Where can I get one?
    A lot of us could use one. Actually I could use a few of them.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of us could use one. Actually I could use a few of them.
    I might already have one, I just don't know how to hook it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what kind of pickups EC currently uses?

I'm a big Strat guy, but I may be the only one on the planet who thinks that Clapton's guitar playing and tone was better with Gibsons in the Cream era.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birv2
    I'm a big Strat guy, but I may be the only one on the planet who thinks that Clapton's guitar playing and tone was better with Gibsons in the Cream era.
    you're not alone bob! : i don't know his current pickup choice but i wish he would go back to his gibsons... :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link, Blazes. I remember reading somewhere that he uses noiseless pickups. I'm trying to decide whether to get a set, so I'm kinda curious.

To me, the best Clapton tone ever is on Disraeli Gears. I'm thinking Tales of Brave Ulysses, Sunshine of Your Love, etc. I suppose that's what is called his "woman tone".

And I say that as someone who loves Strats and doesn't play anything else.

I also thought it was interesting that, during solos, he's wishing he was playing some other guitar, regardless of which guitar he's playing!

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1

Post Thanks / Like

yep....great tone on that album....here is an interesting tidbit i got of the web....not sure if it is true but if it is....man would i like to hear it!

"During the time they spent in New York recording Disraeli Gears the group had a chance to explore the city. On one of these nights, Eric jammed with B.B.King at the Café A Go Go. The entire session was recorded, but it has never been released!"

ww

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Ive got a Tele, but I think youll be hard pressed to get a "Clapton tone" out of one...unless your going for his less popular Yardbirds tone.

A Tele will nail early Jimmy Page/Zeppelin all day long...but a Tele bridge cuts through way too much for Clapton. Maybe if you overdrived the neck???
    Id say just about any Strat will get you in the ballpark...I think the ceramics kinda nail his tone but Im sure more expensive pickups might do better.

Post Thanks / Like

you're not alone bob! : i don't know his current pickup choice but i wish he would go back to his gibsons... :

ww
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo!

:

Thanks for posting that, Strum.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Claptons Tone

Man thats a cool lead tone, does anyone know how to get something similar to that? (Without a semi hollow body)

Cheers,
    GREENMACHINE
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast