Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Godin 5th avenue with Lollar P90 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Godin 5th avenue with Lollar P90

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt
    Great guitar! it was on my short list but I went the Viking route.
    The Hagstrom Viking like Spud & Sunvalley? That is more of a 335-type guitar, this'un is much closer to an ES-125.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

How the heck did I miss this thread?? Nice guitar, Tot, and something you won't see everywhere. You have good taste, my friend! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    How the heck did I miss this thread?? Nice guitar, Tot, and something you won't see everywhere. You have good taste, my friend! :
    Yeah, I'm extremely happy with it. Now if Santa would just get here .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Man I'm still G.A.S. in' for one of these,but I'm still up in the air pup or no pup?I like what Abraxas had to say about the Benedetto pup.There is also a piezo bridge.But I really like em' more all the time.tough choice.Sumi
    The Godins don't have a piezo.

You'll probably be happy either way. I played mine aucoustically & even with nickel strings & that big fat P90s on the top it sounds sweet. I'd be happy with the acoustic version.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

What I meant was Fishman makes a piezo bridge,but I wouldn't go that rout.Kent Armstrong makes interesting pickups also.So It looks like I'll get the plain jane no pickup because I can add one later and there is a lot of choices.Now can you guess which one I'm going to get,color that is?Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

What I meant was Fishman makes a piezo bridge,but I wouldn't go that rout.Kent Armstrong makes interesting pickups also.So It looks like I'll get the plain jane no pickup because I can add one later and there is a lot of choices.Now can you guess which one I'm going to get,color that is?Sumi
    Black. Mine is the cognac burst.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope,I love that cognac burst.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Nope,I love that cognac burst.Sumi
    ::We see eye-to-eye sumi. ::
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed this 'till now........tot, that is a beautiful instrument, and I agree, you have great taste.........that finish is 'specially nice!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Some videos of the acoustic version. It wouldn't hurt him to smile.

The first video shows an Italian-Canadian dude.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godin5thavenuep.htm

German dude having fun

American dude having even more fun

French dude too immersed in mood lighting to have much fun.

Another Canadian dude, this'un shows some of the 5th Avenue's range outside of the jazz idiom, the guy himself seems a little dour.

I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Honeymoon-time.

I've never played an archtop before, the thing has swing & groove.

It's got a strong fundamental tone. I love it so far.

I know that I said that I'd be happy with it w/o the pup, but the Lollar P90 is very-sweet indeed.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't seen this thread until now. What an incredibly cool guitar. Gassed enough that I immediately looked up the price. Amazing! I can't wait to try one out next month. Congrats and Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

There are rumours (possibly unfounded) on the interwebs that Godin will be offering a cutaway version-maybe a two P90 model at some point.

I always like to see what they reveal at NAMM in January.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I,m gunna wait until march and also look into the Hagstrom HL550 too.Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

New video review of the acoustic version. Mine is also a cognac burst.

Mine has the same blusey feel, but with the added vibe of the P90.

Here's another by mojocaster. This one is sung in French.

A country number (red River Road) by mojocaster:

I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still in love with this guitar. It's got a sproingy bounce that is a lot of fun to play. It really wants to groove & swing. it's kind of like playing percussion & guitar at the same time at least for the finger style blues that I am playing. The Lollar P90 is very sweet.

I just changed the strings for the first time. I wanted to condition the fretboard so i took off all the strings at once. I didn't want the floating bridge to move so I taped it down with low tack blue painters tape. That worked very well. the trapeze tailpiece caused me some trouble until I got the first string on as it falls off the guitar without string pressure.

I strung it with 13 flatwounds just to see how they sound. Very smooth strings. I need some more time to decide what I think about the sound.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tot have you checked out Rondo's SXNGG7 for 200.00 pretty cool and Rondo has a good return deal.Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    ::We see eye-to-eye sumi. ::
    Shouldn't that be 'eye-stalk -to -eye'?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    Shouldn't that be 'eye-stalk -to -eye'?
    Stalk? We have a hovering eye-sac.

Stalk...jeez how ugly can you get?

I hadn't seen that Rondo model Sumi.

New review of the Kingpin from Premiere Guitar. I play mine a bit dirtier than she does.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...in_Review.aspx
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast