Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

WTB: Epi Kat Series guitar HSC

Thread: WTB: Epi Kat Series guitar HSC

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up WTB: Epi Kat Series guitar HSC

Am looking for a hardshell case for my Epiphone WildKat w/Bigsby. The lower bout is larger than a Les Paul, so LP cases won't work, yet guitar is smaller than a big-bodied Gretsch or 335-style guitar. Reportedly cases for DeArmond M-series guitars work since they had larger lower bouts and some
    came with Bigsbys.

Epi wants about a Benjamin for a new one, which is about twice what a hsc should cost without an Epi E on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheapest I can find the Epiphone EHLCS HSC is at Sweetwater for $89.99.

Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks. Most places it's a tenner more. Am working on finding a used case of some sort.

PS-- just noticed they have free shipping too. I've heard nothing but good things about Sweetwater.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WackyT
    Cheapest I can find the Epiphone EHLCS HSC is at Sweetwater for $89.99.

That's the one I have with the guitar. Brian, I'll check the Epi forum and see if someone there knows of an alternative case.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    That's the one I have with the guitar. Brian, I'll check the Epi forum and see if someone there knows of an alternative case.
    Thanks, you know what a cheap bastard I am.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Thanks, you know what a cheap bastard I am.
    Yep, we have to be related somehow, but I'm too cheap to have the family tree done.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I wasn't able to gather much, but this might at least widen your search for a used one.

From the Epi forum in response to "can anyone help my cheap friend" (just kidding).

A lot of the rectangular cases will fit it. The WildKat, AlleyKat, and FlameKat should use the same case. The Gretsch Jr. cases probably fit. I bought a hardshell case for a Samick that I never received (perpetual M123 backorder). I finally canceled the guitar purchase but used the case for my Gretsch Country Classic Jr, and it fits like a glove. Some of those Samick semi-hollowbodies must be WildKat-sized guitars.

Isn't the AlleyKat case pretty cheap?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Brian, I wasn't able to gather much, but this might at least widen your search for a used one.

From the Epi forum in response to "can anyone help my cheap friend" (just kidding).

A lot of the rectangular cases will fit it. The WildKat, AlleyKat, and FlameKat should use the same case. The Gretsch Jr. cases probably fit. I bought a hardshell case for a Samick that I never received (perpetual M123 backorder). I finally canceled the guitar purchase but used the case for my Gretsch Country Classic Jr, and it fits like a glove. Some of those Samick semi-hollowbodies must be WildKat-sized guitars.

Isn't the AlleyKat case pretty cheap?
    Cheapest I can find new is the Sweetwater price at $90 w/free shipping. I'm used to buying Muso's Friend generic hsc's for around $50 when they go on special every 3 or 4 months.

I tried fitting the WildKat in several of my box cases, and some were wide enough (especially the bigger ones meant as bass cases), but none were deep enough for the guitar + Bigsby, even with the trem arm folded down.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheapest I can find new is the Sweetwater price at $90 w/free shipping. I'm used to buying Muso's Friend generic hsc's for around $50 when they go on special every 3 or 4 months.

I tried fitting the WildKat in several of my box cases, and some were wide enough (especially the bigger ones meant as bass cases), but none were deep enough for the guitar + Bigsby, even with the trem arm folded down.
    Are you pointing the Bigsby bar down toward the strap button? I found that help with the lack of depth.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Are you pointing the Bigsby bar down toward the strap button? I found that help with the lack of depth.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by "folded down."

Btw, checked the Gretsch site for Jr. cases, only one I could find was listed as "CASE Includes G6241JR Deluxe Hardshell Case, US MSRP $210.00." Even assuming usual 40% markdown from MSRP, that's still much more than the $90 Sweetwater price for the official Epi case.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's what I meant by "folded down."

Btw, checked the Gretsch site for Jr. cases, only one I could find was listed as "CASE Includes G6241JR Deluxe Hardshell Case, US MSRP $210.00." Even assuming usual 40% markdown from MSRP, that's still much more than the $90 Sweetwater price for the official Epi case.
    I hate spending money on cases, what about one of these?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ase?sku=540610
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I hate spending money on cases, what about one of these?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ase?sku=540610
    Looks good like this:

But check this:

Strat appears to go to edges of inside cavity-- at least an inch or more too narrow.