Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Week

Had to fly out to New Port Richey FL. last Sunday as my dad had a major heart attack. While I was gone someone broke into my house and pretty much cleaned me out.I lost 13 guitars and two amps they left two guitars and most of my amps my new DRRI was not taken but they took the foot switch.One of the amps they did get is the white tweed Apollo.The things that bothers me the most is they got 7 guns,and that they took all my daughters clothes.Good note the police have a girl who was involved in a separate crime but had some of my property in her car.As of right now she is being tight lipped,I hope she will give up the others involved in this.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Lord!! That's awful. So sorry to hear about it. Talking about adding trouble on top of trouble.

Hope your dad gets better and the police catch the *&^%$#% who did this.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks FB. Hope your Father is doing better. With as much property as they stole, if the girl is wise she'll start talking. But regardless, property can be replaced, Fathers not so much.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

FB, it sure was a bad week. Hope your father is doing ok and that is the most important thing right now.

As for the break-in, everything can be replaced and although it is a crappy feeling, at least no one was hurt. That girl should start talking or I would assume she would end up taking the fall for the whole break-in.

Good luck and keep us posted on your fathers progress.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez man, I don't know what to say except that I feel for ya.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man!My heart just dropped when I read this.You set up an area in your house to play ect.then you come home to that.Man my prayers are with your father and you hope it gets resolved and very sorry to hear of this.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know what to say except to wish you and yours the best recovery possible, and that you are in my prayers today.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

man that is rough...sending some major mojo to you and your dad!

hope the girl starts talking and you get your stuff back....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    That sucks FB. Hope your Father is doing better. With as much property as they stole, if the girl is wise she'll start talking. But regardless, property can be replaced, Fathers not so much.
    Ditto. How is your Dad doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you some hopeful thoughts, FB. I know that you must feel pretty done in/drained by all of this. Hope that your dad is recovering well - for the rest, thank God no one in your family was hurt, and I hope that your stuff finds its way back to you.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Our prayers are with you, Brother, for your father and you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

F_B, I hope your Dad recovers quickly and painlessly.

I hope the bastages that stole your stuff are caught, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Sending much mojo and prayers your way, man.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Thats terrible.

Hope your dad picks up, and hope they catch the others involved and recover what stuff they can.

The law should be written that, in instances like this, whoever is caught takes the sentence for whoever else was involved, e.g. you catch one person but three were involved; that one person takes 3 sentences. That would get them talking!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your Dad has a speedy recovery - that's the most important thing. The rest is just "stuff". Prayers, thoughts and good vibes from the Great White North to you and yours :

Keep your stick on the ice.

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

First of all my best wishes to your dad and that he might recover pretty soon.

It's good that they got at least one person invilved. You will get your stuff back, I am convinced of that.

Stay strong my friend!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I want to thank all for there kind words and prayers my dad is doing better they still trying to figure few things out but he is not critical anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I just came upon this thread. Prayers from this home go to your father and your family. What a devastating thing to have happen especially with your father in the condition he is in.
    I have many of the same things you had taken and I can imagine what you are feeling, I pray that all will work out and again many prayers for your father from this household.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F_BSurfer
    I want to thank all for there kind words and prayers my dad is doing better they still trying to figure few things out but he is not critical anymore.
    great news! keep us posted....continued mojo being sent your way!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent stuff to hear your dads on the mend a bit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast