Thread: GFS pups for an SX SST62, ideas

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GFS pups for an SX SST62, ideas

I want to put some GFS pickups into my SX SST62 that will yield a big increase in tone; something like when I put the Seymour hot rail in the neck of my free Squire 40th aniv. Affinity strat, along with a 'lil 59 in the mid and a JB Jr in the bridge. These pups, however, cost way more than I want to spend right now.

I can live with standard single coil noise or go with rails but don't want to spend the dollars on neovin's. I would also mix the pups up like I did on the Squire if I had some great combinations to choose from. Maybe even leave the middle pup in there, but probably not because I want to get some High Gain pups in it but still have some strat tone options available in the switch positions.

I like that hot Buddy Guy sound or SRV sound but know a lot of that is in the fingers, amp, soul and other places. I have some nice amps; Fender Super Champ XD, Peavey Delta Blues, Blackheart Little Giant w Epi 12 inch cab. Korg AX5G multi pedal, etc. Also have a Fender HRD. Practicing with the Blackheart a lot lately. My guitars sound great thru that AX5G into that Blackheart, if you know what I mean. Nice. Notice the price is going up on the Little Giant's significantly.

Ideas are appreciated either for a budget GFS set or single GFS pickups in combination and also, should I order new pots when I do this and a switch? It already has GFS stainless saddles and Wilkinson locking tuners on it. It's
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

slipped a set of these http://store.guitarfetish.com/stovalstpise.html in an old "pos" strat copy and they sounded great to my tired ears... really woke up the tone of the old beat-up beast....

and these will give you a great overdriven sound for the heavier hard drivin' stuff http://store.guitarfetish.com/casetof3lilk1.html
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....