Thread: Switches, pots, jacks, caps, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Default Switches, pots, jacks, caps, etc

If you were going to wire up pups & switches & whatnot & wanted it done right what components would you use?

Switchcraft switches & jack?
    CTS pots?
    Sprague Orange Drop caps?

Other suggestions, are there any parts I'm forgetting about?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you just answered your own question, Tot

Apart from those there's only hook-up wire to buy.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    I think you just answered your own question, Tot

Apart from those there's only hook-up wire to buy.
    Thanks again Mark!

It's good to know that I've retained some information from previous discussions.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

What about these? 20% off until Aug 24.

http://www.rsguitarworks.net/rsstore/index.php?cPath=45
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with RSGuitarworks tot .

They sell high quality parts at a good price,and they also make some awsome guitars!

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335

They sell high quality parts at a good price,and they also make some awsome guitars!
    Thanls ET!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Tot tell paula that larry (mrmudcat) says Hi and they are great people.They sent me a gibby kit and a tshirt on my last birthday!! Paula has the sweetest southern voice(besides wife ) But yea I do recomend them and before the price whining begins,you do get what you pay for.Meaning you might find the stuff cheaper but as far as good people or the way RS handles their shiat they got everyone beat .This of course is my opinion!!!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335

Right on brother!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel