Thread: Johnson Amp's J-Station

Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnson Amp's J-Station

Anybody else use one?
    I've had mine for 5 or 6 years and can't find anything else that gives me the tone I like.
    I use mine thru a clean Rouge SS amp so I have only the J-Station effects.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

I've had mine since around 2002. I got it so I can play without making noise, and then I started using it for recording. I think it has a very decent sound and many of the effects are quite useable. I don't use any pedals with it. When I started playing bass I found the bass sims great for recording too.

An example of a recording I did is Sleepwalk. All the guitars and bass parts are played through my J-Station direct into a digital 8-track recorder.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!
    Have you tried any of the newer systems out there and found them sounding sterile, compared to the J-Station?
    I wouldn't give mine up.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    I've had mine since around 2002. I got it so I can play without making noise, and then I started using it for recording. I think it has a very decent sound and many of the effects are quite useable. I don't use any pedals with it. When I started playing bass I found the bass sims great for recording too.

An example of a recording I did is Sleepwalk. All the guitars and bass parts are played through my J-Station direct into a digital 8-track recorder.
    I enjoyed listening to that. Great playing! I never owned a J-station but know many that have used it with great results such as yourself. I did "borrow" a Johnson modeling amp for a spell and liked it so much I tried to buy it from my friend. I believe it was the JM60 Marquis. He wouldn't part with it. I saw a similar one used in a local Sam Ash about two years ago. They wanted absurd money for it and it was really beat up and missing a few things plus no book could be found for it. I passed. I would still like to pick one of these up if I see one for the right price and in the right condition.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete