Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The New MIM Stratocaster Standard

Thread: The New MIM Stratocaster Standard

Post Thanks / Like

Default The New MIM Stratocaster Standard

Hello!

Was at the music store today and tested the new MIM Fender Stratocaster Standard Modell (2006). My impression.

The new medium jumbo frets feel well (formerly vintage frets). The body cavaties are now shielded. I couldn't see it (of course) but there was absolutely no noise ore hum to here.

At least, there es a bigger tremolo block (the part which is inside the body). And the guitar had a very good sustain. Just one twang and a veeeeery long tone.

Tested 4 different models (colours) and they sounded all very well.

So at a price of 399 Euro I think that will be my next guitar.

Grettings
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, that sounds like a great buy. I am thinking about one of these as well. I just need noiseless pups though - when I play live, regular single coil pups hum like crazy. No fun.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Nice, that sounds like a great buy. I am thinking about one of these as well. I just need noiseless pups though - when I play live, regular single coil pups hum like crazy. No fun.

That shielded cavities make theme more noiseless, but I think, when playing them on stage with all the other instruments, amps and the lights, there will be a little bit of noise cause of the normal sc on them. But my impression was, the older modells had much mor noise.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

To help cut down on some of the noise, you can also shield the pickgaurd too, if it's not all ready.
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

That's good to hear, GC... I liked the '05 sunburst MIM I played last year, but didn't like the teeny vintage frets at all... The improvements that Fender made seem to justify the price increase. Definitely gonna have to check the new ones out!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    The improvements that Fender made seem to justify the price increase.

Hey, there is no price increase here in Germany. The new model is 400 Euro, only sunburst (as always) ist 440 Euro.

The "old" model is no set to 360 Euro.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder... I just looked up currency rates... Fender's getting plenty of profit in Europe, as 399 Euro converts to $508.15 USD. Wow, that's alot of money to be paying for an MIM, my friend. Current US prices at $399.00 translates out to approximately $313.30 Euro.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Current US prices at $399.00 translates out to approximately $313.30 Euro.
    Oh my god
    We have a relatively high value added tax here in germany of 16% and it will increase to 19% at the end of the year.

Because of that, some think of getting the guitar from the states, but official you have to pay the tax at the border when importing them.

Hm, 313 Euro, that would be nice ....
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; June 6th, 2006 at 02:04 PM.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Canada its $495. I really have no idea why everything is expensive in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

Its the same story here.. the price of a squier strat is about the same as a mim in usa!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Now, that just ain't right...
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

The cheapest online dealer in sweden "musikbörsen" has a deal on Squier standard strats right now. 404 USD or 2867 Sek

http://www.musikborsen.se/frameset.a...no=139258&fm=1
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

i don`t know about what you guys are complaining... since im from Brazil (the TAX COUNTRY) where people pay such prices as 650 USD for a Squier Standard, 1.000 USD for a Fender Standard and 4.500 USD for a Les Paul, paying 400 for a Squier seems very reasonable... I could propably sell my Mustang for 1500 USD in Brazil...

Post Thanks / Like

Iago my friend, I can see a glorious future for you. You can travel to rons music shack and buy a spudload of guitars and then sell it in Brasil. Repeat until you are allowed to join one of the spudmans millionaire meals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    ....buy a spudload of guitars....
    LOL!! That's a keeper, Swede!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!