Thread: Scorch - anyone know how to get it to work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scorch - anyone know how to get it to work?

Tried downloading Scorch to read a tab that Sunvalley gave a link to, but could not get it to work in either Firefox or Explorer. IN Explorer I could see the test score they provide, but couldn't get any sound from it. In Firefox, I could not see the tab after the install... frustrating! Tried the fixes suggested on Scorch site, but to no avail...
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just downloaded the plug in, in Safari mind you, ran the install program, then quit and re-started Safari, and re-opened the link to the page. Then I saw the notation and tab, and had tape recorder type buttons along the top of the page, including play/pause etc., print, a tempo control, and the like. I pressed play and it plays the notation in a midi type voice, with a marker going through the notation. I have not tried it in Explorer or Firefox, but I did see a windows version.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Steve - Safari, eh? Maybe I'll try that...

[edit: And maybe then I won't... not being an Apple user: ]

Ted

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

can't help you with "scorch" but if you need help with "scotch" then i'm your man!! : \_/ :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Ted, I just was messing around with Red Haired Boy and it wouldn't work on this computer, and said it did not find a sound device. I clicked around and found that if you click the button with quarter notes on the left side of the button bar, it allows you to select a playback device, and I selected the only one listed and tried again. Voila, it worked. Hope that works for you.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I don't get that far! There is just a big blank space where the score and controls are supposed to be... Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    can't help you with "scorch" but if you need help with "scotch" then i'm your man!! : \_/ :

ww
    After an hour and half of trying to get scorch to work, I was about ready for the scotch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    After an hour and half of trying to get scorch to work, I was about ready for the scotch!
    here you go ---> \_/ \_/ \_/

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    Tried downloading Scorch to read a tab that Sunvalley gave a link to, but could not get it to work in either Firefox or Explorer. IN Explorer I could see the test score they provide, but couldn't get any sound from it. In Firefox, I could not see the tab after the install... frustrating! Tried the fixes suggested on Scorch site, but to no avail...
    I do not see the TAB in Firefox, but Scorch works for me in Explorer. I did have problems when I intalled it about a year or 6 months ago. That is way to long in the past for me to have abiding memory of what I did.

I do have additional issues with Firefox & Explorer.

Firefox: can read pdf files, but not view videos, or hear clips.

Explorer: can view videos & hear clips, but can't see pdf files.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Stranger still - it actually works fine for tabs on Sibelius' own website, in both foxfire and explorer... but nothing on the bluegrass site...!? Scorch guy suggested it was a problem somewhere on Bluegrass' end - they are checking but have never had the problem before...

I'll let you know if a fix is found.