Thread: First Day of School

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Day of School

Hmm so this was my first day of officially being a junior. Not quite what i expected. My classes are all pretty easy besides English and math. My favorite class so far has to be architectural design(trying to become a architect). I have a thing where i like to work by myself on things just so im not weighted down by others and in this class i know more then the teacher does about the actual programs which is nice so im basically left to myself to finish blueprints and houses. Plus the teacher is a pretty cool guy and only cracks down when he has to. Other then that class and possibly jazz band the rest are just classes i need to have so i just get my work done not really delving to deep in the subjects. Then i have music theory Mondays Tuesdays and Fridays so that will help the guitar work.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey cool, glad it's not so bad. My oldest daughter is a Junior too this year and she loves it...ironically. She has AP Biology, AP English III, AP Algebra II, and Journalism. She's been keeping up with everything and is surprised that it's not as rough as it was last year. I also took architectural drafting in school and played trumpet and bass guitar in jazz band. Keep doing your best!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Help me out here Gents... is a 'Junior' someone in grade 9?
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

freshman-9th grade
    sophomore- 10th
    junior 11th
    senior-12th

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much... learn something new everyday! (It's not difficult when you know as little as I do )

My daughter starts High School next Tuesday (Freshman) and is pretty excited about it.

Good luck in your Junior Year!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter started her Junior year today also. She came home hit me up for $100 for a TI Graphing calculator and $400 for a trip to Chicago (or as Brian would say "Five Benjamin's"). Guess who's not getting Lucille, or another Dot anytime soon.

Good luck there S-man
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    My daughter started her Junior year today also. She came home hit me up for $100 for a TI Graphing calculator and $400 for a trip to Chicago (or as Brian would say "Five Benjamin's"). Guess who's not getting Lucille, or another Dot anytime soon.

Good luck there S-man
    You could always tell her no... and then tell her to get a job and earn money for the things she wants.
    It's the American way, (or used to be before everyone started spoiling the kids.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    You could always tell her no... and then tell her to get a job and earn money for the things she wants.
    It's the American way, (or used to be before everyone started spoiling the kids.)
    You certainly are an angry little man. I don't see how buying your child a calculator for school or giving them the opportunity to go on a school trip could be counted as spoiling them. Buying a 16 year old a new BMW might be crossing the line a bit. Providing a child with the tools needed to succeed and giving them the opportunity to gain cultural knowledge is something every parent should strive for.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    You certainly are an angry little man.
    I'm not angry... What gave you that impression? You seem angry though.
    (Note how I'm NOT calling you names?)

Post Thanks / Like

I see no problem calling you angry. It's not meant as an insult. Most of your posts are very negative. I just wonder why that is. Feel free to call me whatever you like.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    Feel free to call me whatever you like.
    I don't need to.

I also didn't know that you are the new forum enforcer that is tasked to decide for everybody whose opinions are of value to the thread discussions and whose are not... sorry for not recognizing the new title.
    I'll be sure to be more careful in the future,

Post Thanks / Like

Schools starts this week in the US ? Next week up here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I don't need to.

I also didn't know that you are the new forum enforcer that is tasked to decide for everybody whose opinions are of value to the thread discussions and whose are not... sorry for not recognizing the new title.
    I'll be sure to be more careful in the future,
    I think you might be confusing the bolded name from hubberjub, him being a contributing member, as a forum moderator? The forum moderators have the word "Moderator" in bold text underneath their member names.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    I think you might be confusing the bolded name from hubberjub, him being a contributing member, as a forum moderator? The forum moderators have the word "Moderator" in bold text underneath their member names.
    I understand both the hierarchy and the irony...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, let's move along please. Squireman131 seemed to have a good start to his school year. I hope everyone else who has someone in school in their family is having a good start to the year.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll think the junior year is expensive, try having a senior daughter! Already been hit up for senior portraits, graduation invitations, and it's just getting started... :

BTW, Squire, you're lucky 'cause we're in our 5th week of school. Stupid year-round calendar!

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by just strum

Good luck there S-man
    yeah I kinda cant find mine and hopefully I find it soon because my dad wont be to happy about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    yeah I kinda cant find mine and hopefully I find it soon because my dad wont be to happy about it.

I see "Ebay" in your future...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your dad doesn't play and doesn't read forums dude. Good luck finding your missing thing!