Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
BS Covers for your gear - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BS Covers for your gear

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

This one looks comprehensive too - http://store.amplifiercovers.com/ although I have never dealt with them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

OK - so paypal got my money back.

BUT - I went on ebay and found one of their items tried to buy it (not really, but just up to the point of no return) and this is what it said:

bscovers
    Transaction Blocked
    We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time.
    Where can we take you?

Looks like they R out of business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel San Dimas
    OK - so paypal got my money back.

BUT - I went on ebay and found one of their items tried to buy it (not really, but just up to the point of no return) and this is what it said:

bscovers
    Transaction Blocked
    We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time.
    Where can we take you?

Looks like they R out of business.
    Either that or because of your dispute they are temporarily blocked.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

not sure - my transaction was through their website using paypal. I also noticed the paypal is no longer on their website.

The above message is from ebay. I'm impressed if my paypal dispute caused ebay to cut them off, but I doubt the two R related.

Still have received no e-mail response. oh well - at least I got my money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Default BS Covers

not sure - my transaction was through their website using paypal. I also noticed the paypal is no longer on their website.

The above message is from ebay. I'm impressed if my paypal dispute caused ebay to cut them off, but I doubt the two R related.

I too ordered covers from BS Covers online (May 4, 2010) based on satisfied customer posts online, their great prices, and what appears to be great quality product, but like Charvel never received the covers or a response from BS Covers to my inquiries, and PayPal has now credited my charge card back the cost of the order.

(Unfortunately I didn't find Charvel's posts here until after I'd placed my order so had to wait til end of the month giving BS Covers time to respond before PayPal could confirm the charge back.)

Same response as Charvel via PayPal: "The company is unable to respond at this time." Perhaps BS Covers has shut down or suffered some other issue affecting their operation at this time (tho their website still appears to be accepting orders). Even with much searching I too was unable to find any phone number listed for the company.

So, for the present moment, I would recommend NOT placing an order with BS Covers, unless you can confirm they are back in full operation and able to respond accordingly. Too bad really, as looked like they made a fine product.

(Likely now going to purchase from either D2fcovers.com - very fast turn around and you don't pay until the covers are made and shipped, or maybe use amplifiercovers.com as they already have templates for my Roland SA300 system.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info C Hangar. Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs.

So I got one of these:

From here: http://store.amplifiercovers.com/products.html (note fender combo cover pictured upper right) These guys were great to deal with, reasonable, and fast.

I got vintage brown with brown piping. I like having the piping as it seems to make the cover hold its shape better. It is very similar to the one that came with my Peavey, but was sewn to fit the amp perfectly, angled control panel included. I feel better leaving for work knowing it is covered up.
    Just bumping this because these folks were good too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be impressed....Ebay owns Paypal.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Default BS Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel San Dimas View Post
    its been over a month. I have sent them two emails. NO response whatsoever.

I would not recommend anyone order anything from them. They're customer support is abominable. And as far as I can tell - e-mail is the ONLY way to contact them - and they DO NOT RESPOND.

I mean - did they go bankrupt/out-of-business and still take money from unsuspecting customers?? (i.e. reason why no phone number is listed in TX anywhere, much less their website)
    Okay... So, I've seen a few people trashing BS Covers on here (www.bscovers.com), talking about how they took their money and PayPal had to get it back and how they couldn't order from them on eBay, but received a message that they could not receive funds at this time. I've been dealing with these guys for for the past 6 years and I know exactly why these things happened... About a year ago (when most of these messages were posted), PayPal did not forward several customer order and payments to BS Covers, as they were supposed to. They tried to explain this to a couple of customers, who contacted PayPal. Of course, PayPal didn't admit any guilt in the matter, making it appear to be BS Covers' fault. The customers kept emailing them over and over. So, it was necessary for them to ignore many of these messages and let the customers work things out with PayPal... The one's who actually had their money. Of course, BS Covers got a bad rap from this incident. But, this was when they told PayPal to f*ck off and set up credit card processing through First Data (formerly Cardservice International... one of the most reputable credit card processing companies in the country). That's why they accepted PayPal on their website one day and didn't the next and also why they were briefly unable to sell items on eBay. Since then, they have also told eBay to f*ck off because of their relationship with PayPal, which should get eBay sued by the government under federal anti-trust laws. Like I said... I have been a customer of BS Covers (www.bscovers.com) for 6 years and they always deliver a great product at a great price. So, instead of showing your ignorance and trashing a good company, you should trash eBay and PayPal... Do a search on them and see how many people they have screwed. Before they closed their eBay Store, BS Covers had like 3000 positive feedbacks.... That's 3000 happy customers... You don't get that by screwing people over!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texxlok View Post
    Okay... So, I've seen a few people trashing BS Covers on here (www.bscovers.com), talking about how they took their money and PayPal had to get it back and how they couldn't order from them on eBay, but received a message that they could not receive funds at this time. I've been dealing with these guys for for the past 6 years and I know exactly why these things happened... About a year ago (when most of these messages were posted), PayPal did not forward several customer order and payments to BS Covers, as they were supposed to. They tried to explain this to a couple of customers, who contacted PayPal. Of course, PayPal didn't admit any guilt in the matter, making it appear to be BS Covers' fault. The customers kept emailing them over and over. So, it was necessary for them to ignore many of these messages and let the customers work things out with PayPal... The one's who actually had their money. Of course, BS Covers got a bad rap from this incident. But, this was when they told PayPal to f*ck off and set up credit card processing through First Data (formerly Cardservice International... one of the most reputable credit card processing companies in the country). That's why they accepted PayPal on their website one day and didn't the next and also why they were briefly unable to sell items on eBay. Since then, they have also told eBay to f*ck off because of their relationship with PayPal, which should get eBay sued by the government under federal anti-trust laws. Like I said... I have been a customer of BS Covers (www.bscovers.com) for 6 years and they always deliver a great product at a great price. So, instead of showing your ignorance and trashing a good company, you should trash eBay and PayPal... Do a search on them and see how many people they have screwed. Before they closed their eBay Store, BS Covers had like 3000 positive feedbacks.... That's 3000 happy customers... You don't get that by screwing people over!
    Welcome to TheFret, and thanks for the link to the site.
    I believe the company may have been better off had they not ignored the customer messages and let the customers work things out with paypal. It might have boosted confidence, or at least given the customers a heads up about what was going on.
    In any event, it's not the first incident I've heard about with ebay/paypal...
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    Welcome to TheFret, and thanks for the link to the site.
    I believe the company may have been better off had they not ignored the customer messages and let the customers work things out with paypal. It might have boosted confidence, or at least given the customers a heads up about what was going on.
    In any event, it's not the first incident I've heard about with ebay/paypal...
    Yeah, normally I would agree. But, they had people continually emailing threats of law suits, turning them into the BBB, Attorney General, etc. And truth of the matter was they didn't even have their money... PayPal did and wouldn't admit to it. He tried explaining it to the customers, but you know how people are when they get an idea in their head. And of course people think PayPal does no wrong and would never lie to them. They even had one guy who would send about 200 emails a day... The same message over and over. It became such a hassle to deal with the full inbox that it was causing them problems with legitimate customers that he had actually received payments from.

Anywhoo.... Just tryin' to put in a good word for a company that I have been a patron of for years and I know to be honorable, despite a bit of bad publicity caused by PayPal ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Your posts on here got me interested in this, so I read back a bit.

Generally, whenever there is a payment problem or some other logistical problem with a company, there's someone from that company working with me to figure things out. They don't typically just leave me to deal with it. You would think that at least some sort of explanation on the website would help people to understand what was going on once they figured it out.

I would say that they definitely wet the bed on this one, regardless of whether it was paypal's fault. It's still their reputation on the line, so some sort of customer service and information probably would have helped them immensely with damage control.

That being said, I'm glad to hear that they're a solid company. I may check them out if I ever get an amp worth protecting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Default BS Covers update

I ordered a cover from BS on 10/15/2011. I received shipment notification today (10/21/2011) for a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'll post a follow up tomorrow but I thought you guys may be interested in my experience. I was a little nervous after reading so many accounts of slow service and non-responsive email exchanges. They seem to be on track based on my experience so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Do keep us informed. I thought their product was very good. I would be surprised if they let it all go to pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoraxe View Post
    I ordered a cover from BS on 10/15/2011. I received shipment notification today (10/21/2011) for a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'll post a follow up tomorrow but I thought you guys may be interested in my experience. I was a little nervous after reading so many accounts of slow service and non-responsive email exchanges. They seem to be on track based on my experience so far.

Post Thanks / Like

My cover arrived right on schedule. I must say... it is a perfect fit. I couldn't be happier with the cover or the speedy service. The also followed up with an email to make sure everything was ok. I'd definitely use them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thoraxe View Post
    My cover arrived right on schedule. I must say... it is a perfect fit. I couldn't be happier with the cover or the speedy service. The also followed up with an email to make sure everything was ok. I'd definitely use them again.
    That's great news, and thanks for the follow up on the service.

It's great when a company's a winner.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

any recent experence with this company?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nope. when I needed a cover, I went with the folks in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs. See here:

So I got one of these:

From here: http://store.amplifiercovers.com/products.html (note fender combo cover pictured upper right) These guys were great to deal with, reasonable, and fast.

I got vintage brown with brown piping. I like having the piping as it seems to make the cover hold its shape better. It is very similar to the one that came with my Peavey, but was sewn to fit the amp perfectly, angled control panel included. I feel better leaving for work knowing it is covered up.

The Peavey cover that got me hooked is pictured here:

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The BS Covers look pretty cool, and affordable. Let us know if you go that route, love to hear you impression them.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast