Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
BS Covers for your gear

Thread: BS Covers for your gear

Hybrid View

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spud, maybe a dumb questions but why do you need an amp cover.
    Of course that question is from a guy who does not gig, or move his amps.
    I have covers for most of my amps and they are neatly folded in the closet.
    The Marshall cover is still in the garage due to the ridiculous smoke smell.
    Are they for looks or do they actually give some protection.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    When they are being transported crammed into a vehicle with a bunch of other gear there is a tendency for the covering on the amp to get gouged or torn. A cover helps prevent this. When I was on the road full time I used hard cases for my amph and 30 years later it still looks almost new. Soft covers help but not to the degree that hard cases will.

If your amps never leave the house you might not ever need a cover. If you travel with your amp then I recommend a cover.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs. See here:

So I got one of these:

From here: http://store.amplifiercovers.com/products.html (note fender combo cover pictured upper right) These guys were great to deal with, reasonable, and fast.

I got vintage brown with brown piping. I like having the piping as it seems to make the cover hold its shape better. It is very similar to the one that came with my Peavey, but was sewn to fit the amp perfectly, angled control panel included. I feel better leaving for work knowing it is covered up.

The Peavey cover that got me hooked is pictured here:

Last edited by sunvalleylaw; May 3rd, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs.

So I got one of these:

From here: http://store.amplifiercovers.com/products.html (note fender combo cover pictured upper right) These guys were great to deal with, reasonable, and fast.

I got vintage brown with brown piping. I like having the piping as it seems to make the cover hold its shape better. It is very similar to the one that came with my Peavey, but was sewn to fit the amp perfectly, angled control panel included. I feel better leaving for work knowing it is covered up.
    Just bumping this because these folks were good too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson