Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
BS Covers for your gear
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BS Covers for your gear

Post Thanks / Like

Default BS Covers for your gear

I recently got a cover for my Hughes and Kettner Edition 20 amp and it was no simple task to find one. In fact I have the very first cover ever made for that amp by BS Covers http://www.bscovers.com/.

I looked all over the web and nobody had one pre made specifically for that amp so my search led me to BS Covers. They offer to make one off covers if you provide accurate dimensions (cool). So that's what I did. I measured everything up and then emailed them the figures. A few hours later I get an email back saying to check my measurements. They were right. I was slightly off. What I had done is measure the amp handle placement from the edges of the cabinet but when I measured the over all dimensions I measured from the corner protectors and there was a significant difference because those corner protectors are thick.

I emailed them again with the revised figures and got another email back asking if the amp was trapezoidal (thinner at the top than the bottom). Sure enough they got that one right as well. I didn't even notice. So once again I remeasure and send in the updated figures along with a Paypal payment. No more emails from them. Hmmmm. Did they give up on me?

Approximately 1 week later I receive a very heavy duty abrasion resistant black cover that is embroidered with "H&K Edition 20" tastefully small in white at the bottom of the cover and guess what? It fit perfectly!

Kudos to BS Covers for a custom job well done and reasonable prices.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess not too many amps come with a cover from the manufacturer anymore. I believe a vinyl jobbie came with my JC's when I bought them... I'll have to have a looksie if I can find them.

Good find :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack the thread but I just picked up this for my Soldano.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ter?sku=545854 I got mine new on Ebay for about $120 shipped. It's heavier duty than it looks. It's reinforced all around and you can use it as an amp stand at a gig. It's got a retractable luggage style handle and wheels too. For the money I thought it was great.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I read that thread title wrong. Thought you said "BS covers for your ears". Which should be required equipment around here. Particularly when I post one of my techno-treatises. Though I guess it would really be for the eyes, since we read here, not listen. Well, sometimes we listen....

See what I mean ?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Oops, I read that thread title wrong. Thought you said "BS covers for your ears". Which should be required equipment around here. Particularly when I post one of my techno-treatises. Though I guess it would really be for the eyes, since we read here, not listen. Well, sometimes we listen....

See what I mean ?
    LMAO I thought the same thing Voo! Cool score Spud. I outta order something nice for my Jubilee because even Marshall in all it's glory only supplied me with a cheapo clear plastic cover for my amph long time ago. I don't even know what happened to that cover. I think it crumpled up and dried up.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good review hombre! As you know, I got a marble brown pleather dust cover embroidered proudly with the Peavey logo with my amph. If I moved it around a ton, I would look into something like this.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good site to bookmark Spudman. Those guys sound like they know their stuff. Good job.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

They just emailed me and asked if I would take and send them a picture of the cover on the amph. I don't get it but I think I'll do it any way.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have bookmarked them. They look somewhat more reasonable than some other cover makers - and I like they way they look. And it's cool that they embroider each cover with the model of what amp the cover if intended to cover.

Congrats on finding a good supplier.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Not Buy From Bscovers

They took my money, no responses to e-mail and shipped nothing. NOW only to find this is a chronic problem. Need's to B reported to the TX AG's office for fraud.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel San Dimas
    They took my money, no responses to e-mail and shipped nothing. NOW only to find this is a chronic problem. Need's to B reported to the TX AG's office for fraud.

You don't tell us how long it has been or if you have called them. A call was simple for me. Check there and then get back to us.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spud, maybe a dumb questions but why do you need an amp cover.
    Of course that question is from a guy who does not gig, or move his amps.
    I have covers for most of my amps and they are neatly folded in the closet.
    The Marshall cover is still in the garage due to the ridiculous smoke smell.
    Are they for looks or do they actually give some protection.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    When they are being transported crammed into a vehicle with a bunch of other gear there is a tendency for the covering on the amp to get gouged or torn. A cover helps prevent this. When I was on the road full time I used hard cases for my amph and 30 years later it still looks almost new. Soft covers help but not to the degree that hard cases will.

If your amps never leave the house you might not ever need a cover. If you travel with your amp then I recommend a cover.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that makes sense. I use car covers for my muscle cars and it saves a lot of garage scratches for sure.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coveramp.com

These look nice... might spring for one for my Traynor... fitting a Canuck cover for a Canuck amp. Eh?
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I have gigged very little. When I have, I do like the amph covered for transport.

But at home, I just got used to having the cover on my Peavey (one came with it) and when I got my Fender, that big, vintage, front grill looked like a tear waiting to happen at my house full of kids and dogs. See here:

So I got one of these:

From here: http://store.amplifiercovers.com/products.html (note fender combo cover pictured upper right) These guys were great to deal with, reasonable, and fast.

I got vintage brown with brown piping. I like having the piping as it seems to make the cover hold its shape better. It is very similar to the one that came with my Peavey, but was sewn to fit the amp perfectly, angled control panel included. I feel better leaving for work knowing it is covered up.

The Peavey cover that got me hooked is pictured here:

Last edited by sunvalleylaw; May 3rd, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Default BS cover rip offs

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    You don't tell us how long it has been or if you have called them. A call was simple for me. Check there and then get back to us.
    they don't list a phone number - U got one?

Post Thanks / Like

Send them an email and ask for it. It used to be on the site but I see now that it isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Send them an email and ask for it. It used to be on the site but I see now that it isn't.
    its been over a month. I have sent them two emails. NO response whatsoever.

I would not recommend anyone order anything from them. They're customer support is abominable. And as far as I can tell - e-mail is the ONLY way to contact them - and they DO NOT RESPOND.

I mean - did they go bankrupt/out-of-business and still take money from unsuspecting customers?? (i.e. reason why no phone number is listed in TX anywhere, much less their website)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast