Thread: Members with 0 posts..

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Members with 0 posts..

I saw that we had a lot of members that has 0 posts... Perhaps we should delete those after a while so that the members list will be more accurate.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they could always come back and post one of these days. I'll think about that suggestion though.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

What about programming the computer to delete those members who do not post after 6months? Make sure you place a statement in the posting guidelines.

I also think you should make posting guidelines easier to find. I had a hard time finding it. Can you put it in the red banner along with User CP, FAQ, Member’s List, etc? With it being under “FAQ” a new member may not read it.

Just my thoughts.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Well, they could always come back and post one of these days. I'll think about that suggestion though.
    If so, they could easily register again...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Some may just enjoy reading and learning ... And as Robert mentioned.. come back some day to post... Im on a few forums that I just read and never post.. ( no that does not mean Im gonna quit posting here so don't ask..lol) would hate to think they would delete me because I didn't post enough.. I would just find another place and they would lose out on that ONE good post from me in a year or so...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim

What about programming the computer to delete those members who do not post after 6months?
    On second thought ... maybe after one year.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Myles Guest

You have to realize that just because there is a 0 in posts beside someone's name doesn't mean they aren't socializing with other members. This number does not track the private messages that these users use to contact fret members. Some people really just enjoy reading and would rather ask someone a personal question (especially since they have no fear of public scruteny this way) rather than voice their questions, concerns or comments to the general public.

Now while these introverted types are likely the minority on the boards here, we aren't about to not let them experience the fret how they see fit. Also, you can't downplay the fact that people are more likely to join a large community rather than a small one.

However, I would like to encourage any of you out there reading and a little hesitant to post to give it a try and you'll find that's incredibly addictive and fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I did a quick look through the vBulletin online documentation. It looks like it's possible to prune users who haven't logged on for a while, say, a year. That would seem to be a more relevant criterion for deleting members.

Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a good solution Blogan.

Vitalmyles, I can see your point but I must say that it would be a bad thing if we lured in people pretending that we had more active members than we have. Just my 2 eurocents...

Myles Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    That sounds like a good solution Blogan.

Vitalmyles, I can see your point but I must say that it would be a bad thing if we lured in people pretending that we had more active members than we have. Just my 2 eurocents...
    Agreed, but you'll notice that we now have the number of active members displayed so people won't be lured in by massive numbers like 114. I guess we'll just have to find another way to lure people to the fret, maybe I should start another account as Shania Twain.. hmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. Shania Gain.. might work, why dont you give it a try Vital

Post Thanks / Like

Free beer! always works. Or maybe try free gear and we can send out little plastic cogs to keep us covered legally.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Right on Spudman! Lets make this into one of those fine Free Fender sites!

Post Thanks / Like

Did someone say Shania?

I didn't realize FN displayed the number of members until vitamyles mentioned it. 48 active out of 114 total sounds pretty good to me!

Having a lot of members is cool, but I don't think being the next Harmony Central is a good goal. As Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."
    Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I had never seen that either... but I would of course never admit that...

Post Thanks / Like

How about "Free Ladies Night"?
    Guitars: