Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy! Two Rock Amp - Mayer/Bonamassa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holy! Two Rock Amp - Mayer/Bonamassa

I found this by coincidence and don't know if you saw these amphs before. Don't look at the prices of these jewels - I could never afford it - but listen to John Mayer how great he plays in this short clip on the Two Rock - he's really a very bedowed musician. In the "Have you heard" section there's a post with a Bonamassa live video and I discovered a Two Rock top in his set up, too. To me this is the best amp I heard in a long long time.

Here's another great demo of this amp:

Still there's only few videos on the tube if you enter "two rock amp".

:
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Jimi, I'll never afford one either but I like to hear the good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Two Rocks are well known by those who worship before the Dumble altar (as Meyer does). Great sounding stuff, but way above my tax bracket.

Unfortunately, you also need to get a guy with OCD to continually adjust the knobs so that they are "just so."
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard

Unfortunately, you also need to get a guy with OCD to continually adjust the knobs so that they are "just so."
    What's up with that. I would have smacked his *** into the wall and tell him to keep his f'ing fingers off my amp. I think that might be a case of "I can't play guitar, so I'll just mess with these knobs". Funny thing is, when he made those "have to have" hairline adjustments, the sound never changed.

Oh, but I agree nice amp - or should I say amps (I went to the site). But like so many here, this is as close as I am going to get - they don't even have a dealer in Ohio.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been noticing them a while, mostly since trying to find live Mayer clips online, and seeing the recent DVD. The opening and closing scenes with him on some hill overlooking L.A. with a big body jazz Gibson and a Two Rock amp (and a line 6 delay/looper) is really nice to listen to and watch.

EDIT: That is a nice clip of what John is doing with his hands to study. My instructor is going to help me deconstruct some of his stuff and try to get into it, at least on an "easier" song like Gravity. Thanks for posting the clip!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Found this old thread of mine....
    Funny to read me writing "I could never afford one of these". Guess what I play now, hahaha.
    Totally love my Two Rock - am glad to see that even back in the days I was already amazed by it :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

7. Likes stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny - took me a while to realize how old the thread was! I was thinking, wow, Mayer looks awful young! Interesting thinking about all the past Fretters represented there... the heyday.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome amp and I remember this original post.

By the way, I LUSTED after a Lionheart after hearing THIS particular demo of it...

You gotta have what you gotta have!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Funny to think, John Mayer is now using PRS amphs.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Mayer really became a flag in the wind. Somehow the PRS stuff doesn't look right in him ;-)
    Thumbing through old threads brings back good memories. This board was so alive and vivid, the contact among us all was kind and personal...I wish one day this place will be like it was back then.

12. Likes tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

+1!

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Thumbing through old threads brings back good memories. This board was so alive and vivid, the contact among us all was kind and personal...I wish one day this place will be like it was back then.
    I haven't been gigging so my sharing enthusiasm has waned. Been doing other things, but ya, I hear what you're saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Was wondering about that, Spud. Seems that you used to play out a good bit...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Was wondering about that, Spud. Seems that you used to play out a good bit...
    Sure did gig quite a bit.
    I live in the most un-hip college town I've ever been to. No music scene. My last band mates moved away, and the pickings are pretty slim here for musicians too. Most players are either still stuck in the 70s or 80s or all about the doom drop tuned guitar. Not much available in the way of 'artists.' (sigh) Someday though. I play a lot at home with a Digitech Trio +, but I really miss musical interaction - and kicking ***.

Post Thanks / Like

A college town with no music scene??!! What's up with that? It must be a divinity school...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    A college town with no music scene??!! What's up with that? It must be a divinity school...
    LDS community. Cops cracked down on DUI and killed the night life.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

So more drunk drivers will improve the music scene? Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    So more drunk drivers will improve the music scene? Nice.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's non-sequitur.

People are not going out for fear of being pulled over regardless. The police got over vigilant and that left a bad taste in the mouths of those who do like to go out and support live music. Has nothing to do with being a 'drunk driver.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast