Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
was thinking of shiner and cb

Thread: was thinking of shiner and cb

Post Thanks / Like

Default was thinking of shiner and cb

so i'm watching anthony bourdain - no reservations and he was in waco, texas....hanging out with ted nugent....shooting guns and eating lots of red meat....and i thought of our fretter friends out near waco!

gotta love this board! : :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Warren, that is hilarious. We've been watching the "No Reservations" marathon all day, and when Ted took Tony to the Rusty Star BBQ we both looked at each other and said "where the hell is that?" I just googled it and turns out it's actually just outside of Waco in a little town called Speegleville (literally about 5 miles outside of Waco). I think we're going to give it a shot next week.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

cool (i wondered if you guys had ever been there)...hopefully it is as good as it looked....if i ever get out to visit you two (which i would love to do) we'll have to go there!

i'm a big anthony bourdain fan! :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

warren, chez shiner is open to you and yours anytime, buddy...

you can play your picks of the herd.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    warren, chez shiner is open to you and yours anytime, buddy...

you can play your picks of the herd.
    Ditto, but ya have to wash your hands before strummin' on Trogdor. No tellin' where those hands have been.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where'ss Shiner And Cb???

Hey Warren,
    Where in Central Florida are you pal?? We just back from two weeks in New Smyrna Beach on a beachfront timeshare!!! ahahaah We spent 3 days in the EYE of Tropical Storm Fay. 40 miles south of us got 25 inches of rain, we got 5 or 6. Whew!!! Hey, listened to FM 96.5 on your radio dial down there and LOVED that station. Damn, good rockin' music from our halcyon days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    Hey Warren,
    Where in Central Florida are you pal?? We just back from two weeks in New Smyrna Beach on a beachfront timeshare!!! ahahaah We spent 3 days in the EYE of Tropical Storm Fay. 40 miles south of us got 25 inches of rain, we got 5 or 6. Whew!!! Hey, listened to FM 96.5 on your radio dial down there and LOVED that station. Damn, good rockin' music from our halcyon days.
    i'm a little north of orlando...lucky you didn't get shark bitten in new smyrna (it's the shark bite capital of the world) :

i listen to 96.5 a lot....always brings back memories!

hey...was baby python with you....how is she doing?

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Ditto, but ya have to wash your hands before strummin' on Trogdor. No tellin' where those hands have been.
    lol....i'm not tellin'! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shiner And Cb

Hey Warren,
    Somebody got bit just about every day we were down there. Nothing serious, but stitches to another member of the populace was common. Neither of us even ventured in past our ankles. ahahahhaha
    We had a blast down there and ate some fabulous dinners. It was a 2 week long THIRD "second" honeymoon for us. Baby Cobra stayed home and she had a good time too. She had friends to hang out with and relatives to check on her to make sure she was OK. NO parties at our house and she is extremely responsible. Lucky us!! ahaahha
    The nature highlight of the trip was when we were walking near the dunes at Ponce Inlet, and not 50-75 feet from where we stood, we saw 7 manatees frolicking in the high tide waters for 30 minutes. AWESOME!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Warren, did ya' notice what beer Tony and Ted were drinking at the bbq place?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Hey Warren, did ya' notice what beer Tony and Ted were drinking at the bbq place?
    yep....i should have mentioned it....shiner! not sure which flavor though....

ww

Post Thanks / Like

The yellow label is the original Shiner Bock. The stuff I first fell in love with!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big Anthony fan...I've never seen the CB & Shiner episode.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I'm a big Anthony fan...I've never seen the CB & Shiner episode.
    the title of the cb & shiner episode is "u.s. southwest"

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    the title of the cb & shiner episode is "u.s. southwest"

ww
    I thought it was Petticoat Junction.

Shiner's on the upper right, CB's on the lower left.

Anthony Bourdain's dinner is on the plate in the middle.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I thought it was Petticoat Junction.

Shiner's on the upper right, CB's on the lower left.

Anthony Bourdain's dinner is on the plate in the middle.

sorry, Tot, i'm a blonde. with brains. but you made me laugh.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    sorry, Tot, i'm a blonde. with brains. but you made me laugh.
    So you're the one second from the left at the top & Shiner is Uncle Joe with the hat & bowtie in front of "Dinner".

I must be the second from the right on the top. You can tell from my conductor's hat.

All ABOOooooaaaaAARD!
    I pick a moon dog.