Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Fat Strat - opinions?

Thread: Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Fat Strat - opinions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Fat Strat - opinions?

I cannot find anyone who carries this guitar in stock, so if any of you have given it a try please let me know your opinions. I'm thinking about picking one up as a spare guitar to leave at my parent's vacation home so I've got something to tinker with when I visit every weekend.

"It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Trem,

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Squire Deluxe Series Satin Trans Fat Strat. That’s a sweet looking guitar. I have not read too many bad reports about any Squire guitars. Ok a few, but then there are people who want everything in life to be perfect. I just modified my Squire Tele Custom Deluxe with new potentiometers. The over all sound improved 100% with no more scratchy sounds during volume changes. After I test run it on Wednesday I will write a small review and post it on the forum.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

If I do get this, I plan on repainting it olympic whie with a "Family Guy" paint scheme. I love that show - it's freakin' SWEET.

I may had down to Guitat Center tonight since I called at lunch and he's got one in stock to try out.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

T-man, I think that's one of the finest looking Squiers on the market today. Tones should be good with the mahogany body and maple / rosewood neck. The Squier website says the body is "slimmer," although I don't know by how much.

Family Guy scene suggestions, if I may: Peter with the household items in orbit around his waist, w/ Brian throwing more in there.

Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra, Jr. doing their act before Brian hit the skids with the drinking.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

LOL... I'm a HUGE 'Family Guy' fan.

I gave the guitar a go and I think I'll be hading back down again this evening to pick it up if it's still there. I may hold off on repainting this one and do it to a MIM I have lying around.

Did you happen to catch the one where he was on 'Wheel of Fortune' this season?

Wheel of Fortune clip

Peter: ummm.... Hey! How much for that fat guy in the circle? I don't see a price tag on that.

Host: Thaaats you!

Peter: oh, ohhhhh embarrising!
    Last edited by tremoloman; June 5th, 2006 at 10:40 AM.