Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Amp Build: Brown Note 18Watt Lite IIB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Very impressive sounding amp, Tung! The dimed crunch is very nice, and it obviously takes pedals well! I really like the sounds using that Triboost! They all sounded good, though.

Which guitar was it, BTW?

And no apologizing for one's playing allowed around here!
    The amp still needs to have the bugs worked out of it, it is kind of noisy at high volumes, but nothing that I can't live with. The tone control seems to work better with the JJ tubes than the Sovteks, which I find kind of weird.

The Linear and Clean boost settings on the Triboost don't sound nearly as good as the Germanium settings. I'm thinking I'm going to have to buld a Dallas Range Master clone here in the near future.

The guitar I used is the Hohner Revelation RTS. It has become my main guitar.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Very Very cool,I like the tones that amp puts out the tri boost sounds great,but that green screamer is no sloutch either and playing sounded good also.Sumi
    Thanks for the kind words. I love that Green Screamer pedal, it's like an ideal tube screamer: warm and fat, but without the nasty, nasally mid hump of the originals. It sounds much smoother than the Boss SD-1 Super OD that I have.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

man that amp sounds great! :

i loved the clean and cranked samples and i liked how handled the pedals....

hhmmmm....that triboost sounded great.... :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    man that amp sounds great! :
    i loved the clean and cranked samples and i liked how handled the pedals....
    It is a great sounding circuit and sounds good even with marginal tubes. I left the crappy Sovtek 12AX7WA tubes in it. I bet it would sound better with good tubes in it.

Get DVM to build and paint you one, it is a very useful pedal. :

I should record some clips with my modded Valve Junior. The Triboost sounds pretty good through the VJ.

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    Get DVM to build and paint you one, it is a very useful pedal.
    it's tempting....i'm sure once my dvm phazer pedal shows up it will be even more tempting....i need to get through christmas first though.... :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

There has to be a great sense of accomplishment when a project like this is completed!

Very nice work :
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    There has to be a great sense of accomplishment when a project like this is completed!

Very nice work :
    David
    Thanks for the kind words.

Actually, it is always a huge relief to me when the amp fires right up and operates the way it is supposed to.

The amp is *almost* done. It remains incomplete in that it needs a head cab. The amp isn't all that safe to operate without one. Building cabs in on my short list of skills to acquire.

tung

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345