Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Anyone interested in sharing high quality bootleg performances?

Thread: Anyone interested in sharing high quality bootleg performances?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone interested in sharing high quality bootleg performances?

With all the free file hosting websites available, I think it would be cool to share bootlegs of some of our favorite performers. I've got a ton of soundboard quality bootlegs of The Cure, The Cult, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Extreme, Rush, and so on that I'd love to share with all of you.

If you are interested, speak up and let me know! I'll happily convert some of my best stuff to high quality VBR MP3 and upload them for all your listening pleasure.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I love The Cult, especially their live performances. I saw them once and their bass player had a whammy bar equipped bass, really cool solos from that one! I would really like to have some of their live bootlegs (I have three or four already).
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

It would be great to do that. There are also a lot of it available on the web already, like this one:

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/

There are hundreds of audio and video files on this site, I've only sampled 2 or 3 of them. I'm listening on a Beatles audio right now that appears to be the sound recording from when the Get Back sessions were filmed. It is actually very interesting with a lot of conversation as the songs evolve.

Post Thanks / Like

There is indeed a ton of cool stuff on that site, but the streaming can be a painful thing to sit through, esp. on the videos. An alternative is to download the files directly from one of their two directories, save 'em to a local directory on your PC, and play them back at your leisure. Here are the two directory links:

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/sugaree/

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/boxofrain/
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks aeolian and Voodoo! There is a lot of great stuff that I haven't seen elsewhere. I love these kind of resources. Keep 'em coming.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey tremoloman, would love to hear something from rush in the 70s

Post Thanks / Like

Some Rush from the 70s? I know I've got a cool show of them from 1974. I have a lot of boots from the 80s and 90s, but I'll comb through and see what else I can dig up.

I highly recommend St. Louis in 1980 if you want to hear an awesome show from that time period. (2112, Natural Science, Working Man, and La Villa Strangiato to name a few).

I know I've also got a bootleg with Rush playing either a high school gym or super small club somehwere and perform quite a few covers. I'll see if I can find it.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't happen to have anything from Donnie iris...... would you? thanks, john

Post Thanks / Like

St. louis show would be cool too!

The Rush 70s show from the cleveland agora is awesome!!!
    really enjoy it.
    Last edited by JLefty; June 8th, 2006 at 09:33 PM.