Thread: Video Lesson 9-11-08 Eighth Notes and Subdividing Time

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video Lesson 9-11-08 Eighth Notes and Subdividing Time

A little more of the time and rhythm theory...I have another lesson for this already shot demonstrating how to strum eighth notes that I will try and get finished this weekend...

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/ind...d=98&Itemid=35

Next week I might start a series on playing slide guitar...let me know if you guys are interested!

Post Thanks / Like

Timing is so important. Great lesson Mark.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Timing is so important. Great lesson Mark.
    Thanks!

its important but boring...I don't think many people are into these lessons but I think its vital stuff that I'd like to have on my website...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Again you continue to hit on stuff I am working on with my instructor. I have not had time to spend with each of the last lessons you have posted, but they continue to track in an almost freakish way. LOL! I have been working on TEFview rhythm lessons from my instructor, including various combos of 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 notes, triplets, etc. This will help, as it always helps to come at it a different way, and I can do this in the car. with the metronome in my iPhone, and while listening to music. With these lessons I am finally developing a foot tap, whereas I relied on my head before. This lesson give me something to do when I drive or whatever to re-inforce it. Thanks again.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot, I have been looking for ways to improve my timing and rhythm, I will have to look into your book. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disraeli
    Thanks alot, I have been looking for ways to improve my timing and rhythm, I will have to look into your book. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Again you continue to hit on stuff I am working on with my instructor. I have not had time to spend with each of the last lessons you have posted, but they continue to track in an almost freakish way. LOL! I have been working on TEFview rhythm lessons from my instructor, including various combos of 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 notes, triplets, etc. This will help, as it always helps to come at it a different way, and I can do this in the car. with the metronome in my iPhone, and while listening to music. With these lessons I am finally developing a foot tap, whereas I relied on my head before. This lesson give me something to do when I drive or whatever to re-inforce it. Thanks again.

Thanks guys!

Rhythm (and my internal clock) are things that I have fought with since I've picked up the guitar...you can never spend too much time working working on it.

Working on rhythm away from the guitar is also a great idea. One of my students showed me his iPhone metronome and he does the same thing in the car