Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Vox Valvetronix Series on the way
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Vox Valvetronix Series on the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New Vox Valvetronix Series on the way

looks like a replacement for the AD**VT's with 22 amps, 66 presets, 8 user presets. Looks a lot more versatile than the old AD**VT's/

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix...-30-50-100.asp
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Line 6's flextone got worse after they reworked it. I cross my fingers that Vox does better, now that I am so impressed with the quality of these amphs.

:
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Line 6's flextone got worse after they reworked it. I cross my fingers that Vox does better, now that I am so impressed with the quality of these amphs.

:
    OK, I give. Why do most people on this site spell it amphs.? I must have missed that thread.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it could be pretty cool and address some issues with the original AD**VT series, especially the number of user presets. I like the fact that reverb is always available regardless of the other effect settings. My concern without seeing the whole control layout is that it could become more confusing than it already is.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be all over the Black Diamond.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'll be GASssing for the 50VT now. thanks for that
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Beans!

Is the new Express Train model based on a Trainwreck?

I'll have to take a peek at the manual to figure out how the models knob:

works with two models for each bullet. It must be that button in the upper green.

I'll bet that A:Green is the upper model & B Red is the lower one.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    OK, I give. Why do most people on this site spell it amphs.? I must have missed that thread.

tung
    I asked the exact same question today. Great minds think alike.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I asked the exact same question today. Great minds think alike.
    I saw that. Thanks for asking, it cleared that up for me

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Cool Beans!

Is the new Express Train model based on a Trainwreck?

I'll have to take a peek at the manual to figure out how the models knob:

works with two models for each bullet. It must be that button in the upper green.

I'll bet that A:Green is the upper model & B Red is the lower one.
    Express Train model description from the manual, interesting.

"This models a wood-finished 30W boutique amp head that cost more than $25,000. It
    delivers sparkling glassy clean tones, and raising the gain will produce overdrive
    sounds that are startlingly sweet in a musical way."

It also has tweed Deluxe and Twin models for a bit more Fendery nuance and (hurrah) they've separated the reverb from the other effects.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I've really got to liking my Vox AD50VT 212 the longer I've owned it. These are impressive, and look like a step up from the previous versions, but again, the same speakers. Why not upgrade the speaker to a Neo? Also, why did they keep the same cheese grater grilles?? I like the fact too that these amps (oops, I mean amphs!) offer more presets? Also, I wish they would add the effects loop to the 50 watter too!

Other than that, looks really cool. The Black Diamond will be the flagship model apparently, at a screaming 200 watts.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Do I see a "super 4x10" model on there? Super Reverb!
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I _like_ the cheese grater! Not only is cheese a cherished way of life up here in artery-clogged Wisconsin, it keeps the speaker nice and safe from the feet of small children.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Hey, I _like_ the cheese grater! Not only is cheese a cherished way of life up here in artery-clogged Wisconsin, it keeps the speaker nice and safe from the feet of small children.
    Yup, I'm a cheesegrater fan as well.

I think the VOX diamond grill cloth is ugly.
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

The 15 and 30 are suppose to be available end of October and the 30 has a MSRP of $375.00. What is the adjustment on amps for street value?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    The 15 and 30 are suppose to be available end of October and the 30 has a MSRP of $375.00. What is the adjustment on amps for street value?
    According to Musician's Friend the old model AD30VT has an MSRP of $350.00 & now sells for $249.00. So I'd say that that the VT30 might sell for $274.00.

Anyone lusting for an AD series amph should keep their eyes peeled for a blowout.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yup, I'm a cheesegrater fan as well.

I think the VOX diamond grill cloth is ugly.
    I painted my cheese grater flat black.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Diamond

That Black Diamond is supposed to be a really awesome amp and this whole series of amps has been highly protected behind a heavy curtain of secrecy.

Supposedly the industry is very highly competitive with survival being something that is very important and the development of a new amph from the ground up is not a light endeavor. I'm sure they constantly reverse engineer each other's stuff regularly.

I'd buy a blow out Cheese Grater 50 or 50 two twelve or 100, definitely, if the price was right, which it probably will be. I love my little DA5 and it isn't even a valvetronix.

I did some repairs on my DA5 the other night. The power plug jack was not working. I took it apart, the cabinet, and spotted some broken solder joints at the power plug jack and heated it up and added a small amount of new solder. The I notices some semi microscopic breaks in the trace right at the same spot and heated them up gently with a pencil fifteen watt weller iron. Added a small amt of solder and it works great. I almost always use flux. Flux will greatly, greatly help you with your soldering jobs if you are just learning how to solder.

Flux is a paste that when brushed on the joint to be soldered burns off rapidly when you hit the area with a hot soldering iron. It burns off impurities, oil, etc., and prepares the solder joint to accept solder for optimum adherence, then you apply some very thin solder and it flows and sticks well instead of beading up and rolling off.

Also, flux core solder, a good thing, is NOT a substitute for using brush on paste flux.

I have been soldering before I knew how to read and I'm still not a master. If you can solder, you can fix a lot of things and put in new pups, etc.

I'd love one of those Black Diamonds but will settle for a blow out chromie 50 or preferably 100. Should have gotten a AD60VTX back when I was looking at them. I guess these are what the Black Diamond is replacing due to design improvements suggested from various quarters.

Duff
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast