Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Danelectro guitars - are they still available?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danelectro guitars - are they still available?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Danelectro guitars - are they still available?

I know Danelectro had started making guitars again a few years ago for a very decent price, but now I can't find them anywhere. Do any of you know what's up with them? Their website is AWFUL!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I checked out a guitarshop here and they had two new U56 and a Innuendo.. at least they seemed to be "new" guitars. I havent seen much news from them lately, so perhaps they have focused on their effect pedals only?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Saw some on guitartrader.com yesterday.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

you can try ebay.. there are always some there...
    they`re making some modernized models now...

Post Thanks / Like

I want the one Jimmy Page used on 'Black Mountain Side' and 'Kashmir'. I love its tone.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

They say the new reissues are better thant the original late 90's reissues, but those previous reissues were more faithful to the original Danelectros, so choosing either reissue depends on what you're looking for.

I have a 1998 aqua U2 reissue and I love it. It's stock except that I removed the side tape (it was peeling), substituted the original concentric knobs for a pair of chromed concentric knobs taken off an old car AM radio, and made a pickguard based on the original, out of an old Tele pickguard. I also routed the body at the base of the neck to have easy access to the truss rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a rockin' guitar I'd love to have one of those lipstick tube ones in that color. A local shop here in town sells them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Thats a rockin' guitar I'd love to have one of those lipstick tube ones in that color. A local shop here in town sells them.
    Now who might that be who sells them?

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar Boy. A friend of mine's shop. They had a copper colored one in there the other day. I'll send you more info.....

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, the copper color is nice.

Post Thanks / Like

the "new" Dano website is really terrible.. it used to be better some years ago, when they were making the RI`s...

Trem, U can check Ebay for the Danos too. There are always some there..

Kerc: That the routing and the lil` cover for the truss rod is smart man! I wish I had one of those U2 danos...

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a ton of guitars in a guitar store somewhere, I don't remember which store but there were alot of em, pretty much all I saw were guitars with those lipstick pickups, they also had laney amps, I might just go back there one day and play around a bit, I think they do make guitars still.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.danguitars.com/

http://www.danguitars.com/59-DC.html

I wanted one of those Page style Dans myself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    http://www.danguitars.com/

http://www.danguitars.com/59-DC.html

I wanted one of those Page style Dans myself
    I see they have some new reissues for '07... I'll keep checking up on that site until I find the one I've been yearning for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    I see they have some new reissues for '07... I'll keep checking up on that site until I find the one I've been yearning for.
    kerc is selling his, if you're interested. That is, unless Iago already bought it.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't this thread be down in the other section , certainly not in FENDER... The newer dano's are pretty much crap , terrible necks and build quality is sketchy at best .. I have playe a few that friends own and certainly cant recommend them ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    The newer dano's are pretty much crap , terrible necks and build quality is sketchy at best .. I have playe a few that friends own and certainly cant recommend them ...
    And this is somekinda big change from the ones they used to build????
    These arent high end technical guitars...these are reproductions of the cheap old guitars you could buy from Sears and the like...like Silvertones.

Better or worse quality than Silvertone?

Do you even like blues? Alternate tunings? Baritones?

What kinda quality are you looking for when playing a masonite guitar?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't wanna spam, but I'm selling my U2....

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Music 123 is selling the Danno 12 string currently.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast