Thread: Learned a new tune

Post Thanks / Like

Default Learned a new tune

hey all,

I learned Weezers's song "Island In The Sun" in the last couple days. Pretty easy too. I've never much liked Weezer, but this song really caught me by surprise the other day on the radio.

I'd recommend learning this song to any beginner/intermediate.
    Power chords...I love power chords...I wish more bands would use em...

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool,do you know how to record on the computer?I don't but would like to learn.So maybe someone could make a short vid on how to.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

You can plug directly (with adapter) from amp to computer input jack, but there is usually a real loss in sound quality. There are software/hardware packages you can buy that make higher quality recordings possible. Sony make something called the "Light Snake" that seems like a decent product. Has anybody tried it?

Post Thanks / Like

i have a light snake and it worked well....(now i use my rp250) one neat feature of the light snake is the dual jack so you can plug into your computer for direct recording and to an amp or monitor at the same time....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days I'd like to buy one (light snake).

Speaking of "Island In The Sun" though, any ideas on a next/similar song. Not real fast, catchy rhythm, etc.

M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sensei
    Speaking of "Island In The Sun" though, any ideas on a next/similar song. Not real fast, catchy rhythm, etc.
    Maybe try "Burn Baby Burn" by Ash and "Seven Days in The Sun" or "Buck Rogers" by Feeder.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tib...,

I'll check those out. Don't think I've heard 'em on the radio yet.

S