Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ibanez EW20ASE

Thread: Ibanez EW20ASE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ibanez EW20ASE

I have never posted in the Acoustic section, but I just bought an Ibanez EW20ASE the other day and I am pretty impressed with it thus far. The fit and finish is very good for a guitar in the $350-400 price range.

I did change the strings, polish the frets a little, and added a little lemon oil to the fretboard. The action is fantastic and I love the feel of the neck. It is almost like playing an electric.

It has a B-Band pickup which also sounds great and has 1/4 and XLR inputs.

It is a big change from my old Yamaha APX SPL-II which didn't sound as great when unplugged.

If you get a chance you should definitely try one of these out.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's beautiful. I haven't checked one of those out yet. How is it made? What materials?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The body is ash, while the neck is mahogany. The fit and finish are really impressive and it has a good deep sound which I was missing from the Yamaha slimline. The neck is very slim, similar to an electric.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried one when I was shopping for a stage acoustic recently. The preamp is great, that notch filter really shapes the tone nicely.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking guitar. congrats!!!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

chong,

That's a very nice guitar. The neck on the guitar reminds me a lot of the the EA20 Washburn I had with the electric guitar size neck - very fast. That guitar now resides in Waco with CB.

It sounds like you are pretty happy with the purchase and from what I've read about the guitar, there is no reason you shouldn't be.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Happened to be in a local big box store yesterday and spotted a Ibanez that looked a lot like your new toy. Not sure if it was the same model. Anyway, had to give her a whirl. Really nice. Nice balanced sound, very clear tone.

Agree with Strummy the neck does remind me of the ea20.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought my Parkwood the Ibanez made the decision pretty tough...I went back several times and played both.....the deciding factor for me was that the Ibanez top is laminate where the Parkwood is solid wood....but the sheer beauty of the Ibanez was almost enough to sway me.

That thing is still amazing looking for the price tag.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Yowzaa! That guitar is beautiful!... right down to the headstock :

Very nice... very nice indeed!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Purty guitfiddle, chongmagic! Congrats on the new guitar day.:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

How about some photos of the actual guitar? No 2 are ever alike!
    I just got the EW20ZWent...I sure like mine. Heres a shot...

This guitar has a nice throaty tone, a good compliment of control (for when plugged) On board tuner, and literally plays like butter! I looked at Taylors, Martins, Breedloves, and many many more, but after stroking this jewel, I couldnt justify spending 3-4 times more. Best Acoustic for the money. Bar None!

Koy Carson
    West Texas

**60th Anniversary American Strat
    **Carvin AC175 Thinline Acoustic
    **Ibanez EW20ZW Electric/Acoustic
    **Arbor AJ145CR Jazz
    **Fender Marcus Miller 5 String Bass
    **Fender Geddy Lee Signature Bass
    **Warwick Corvette 4 string Bass
    **Tradition Fretless Bass
    **Takamine Hollow body Bass
    http://www.myspace.com/k5koy

The "PickKeeper" The ORIGINAL Guitar Accessory

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last week, I ran across a few Ibanez EW's like the ones in this thread and had to sit down and play them. Wow, very nice neck and an impressive tone, and nicely priced. Quite beautiful to look at. Yet another GAS attack!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2