Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Noise with the AD30VT

Thread: Noise with the AD30VT

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Noise with the AD30VT

I have a question regarding the noise I hear with my AD30VT.

When I have the setting on manual and then make a single strum of the strings, it begins to break up as the sound from the strum goes on. I have no effects set and I've made various adjustments to gain, treble, middle, bass, and volume, but the break up won't go away. However, if I go to preset I don't get that when set at boutique CL through UK 70's. The rest of the settings will begin to do that.

So, what would cause the break-up when I am in the manual position?

I do not get the same with the Valve Jr.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Your noise gate is set too high. Dial it back a bit. IIRC the noise gate settings are a part of the presets. In manual mode it would be whatever the dial says.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Without seeing the amp or hearing it, I would say that it may be due to some artifact of the digital processing. It is hard to diagnose the amp without being able to listen to it though. Do you have a trusted tech you could take it to?

Your VJ doesn't do this because it is all analog.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I have a question regarding the noise I hear with my AD30VT.

When I have the setting on manual and then make a single strum of the strings, it begins to break up as the sound from the strum goes on. I have no effects set and I've made various adjustments to gain, treble, middle, bass, and volume, but the break up won't go away. However, if I go to preset I don't get that when set at boutique CL through UK 70's. The rest of the settings will begin to do that.

So, what would cause the break-up when I am in the manual position?

I do not get the same with the Valve Jr.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Your noise gate is set too high. Dial it back a bit. IIRC the noise gate settings are a part of the presets. In manual mode it would be whatever the dial says.
    Thanks. I was concerned I had a amp or amph problem. I also was thinking it was the perfect reason (excuse) for that new speaker.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

ok,

Mrs. Strum, Strummi desperately needs to replace the speaker in his Vox amph.

Done

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I was concerned I had a amp or amph problem. I also was thinking it was the perfect reason (excuse) for that new speaker.
    Well, you could do that anyway.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I probably will. It's an inexpensive way to satisfy GAS.

Ted, you are now on the list of people my wife says I shouldn't associate with. I think everyone here is on that list, although I have been very well behaved in the "guitar buying" arena. It's amazing what lack of cash will do to your spending habits.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

You could try out one of those Jensen Mod speakers I linked to in another thread. It's cheap and that way you could tell the rest of us if it is any good!

Post Thanks / Like

I did a Google search of this site and I did find that WackyT uses them in his amps, maybe he can provide some information on them.

I wouldn't know which one to get, 10-35, 10-50, or 10-70. I wonder how these compare to the Celestion G10. They seem to get good reviews, but again, I no nothing about speakers.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that the 10-35 would be plenty since the AD30VT can only put out 30W. The speaker is rated at 35W, 70W max.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that the 10-35 would be plenty since the AD30VT can only put out 30W. The speaker is rated at 35W, 70W max.
    You are thinking about changing the speaker in yours too, correct?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

You are thinking about changing the speaker in yours too, correct?
    True dat.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, on the presets, the default setting for the noise reduction is about 10:30 - 11 o'clock for the low gain models, and about 1:30 for the higher gain stuff.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, while you're here - any thoughts on the Jensen Mod speakers?
    Mark