Thread: Asked to do a soundtrack

Post Thanks / Like

Default Asked to do a soundtrack

I just got off the phone with my local DJ friend and he asked me if I'd like to come up with a groovy, funky 5 minute instrumental piece that the station would use for years to come as their bed for the sports scores and updates segments. This would play behind all the voice-overs. Unfortunately it would be uncompensated but might look good on my resume'. What?! Like I'm gonna get a job?

Could be a fun project but I'm going to have to get savvy with my recording software fast.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with it Spud. I look forward to hearing what you come up with. I'm sure it will be quite cool.:

Guitar music can work very well in that position. NPR uses quite a bit of Bill Frisell's work during their news programming.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Congrats!!

Looking forward to a preview.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Thats super cool!

Time to fire up ye olde Cubase and brew a large pot of coffee!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome! Not too much coffee though, knowing you. I can't wait to hear what you come up with. I know it will be good.

no pressure though, . . . really!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

GO FOR IT!

It's very interesting to do produce and compose soundtracks. I put up some stuff I made with movieclips on my myspacesite (youngblueproductions) and I have received a lot of requests from sportsmen and little companies who asked me if I couls compose little themes for them and so I did some work over the past 2 years in the soundtrack sector and it is very ecxiting.

Good luck!

Last edited by Jimi75; September 16th, 2008 at 01:20 PM.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! Go for it! Get Ezdrummer or Addictive Drums and get some grooves going fast. Then just funkafy it...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    That's awesome! Go for it! Get Ezdrummer or Addictive Drums and get some grooves going fast. Then just funkafy it...
    EZ Drummer sounds cool. I think I know where I can get a copy of it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet you do.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.