Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Classic Vibe 50s - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yes I do. I'm doing everything I can not to pull that trigger.
    Just think of how nice it would look sitting on your recliner after hours of quality time playing it. The shimmer...the shine...and ohhhh the tone. :
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Argh, my internet store had problems with my credit card. They says it's fixed now and they will ship it tomorrow. But who knows...

I want to have it now.

Edit: It's on the way now. I think it will arrive tomorrow.
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; October 8th, 2008 at 05:17 AM.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

See tOt, Chris, Tone and some others are getting them. That makes it alright for you too.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

HEY Guys from Sunny Maine. I am up here visiting my daughter and I have canvassed the local music stores and no CV Teles. They do have a 50s Strat, and that is it. The weather is amazing and I am far away from my guit fiddles but absence makes the heart grow fonder. I have yet to get to Portland so maybe the GC will have a CV Tele.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a new batch of CV Teles just getting in to the USA. They should show up in stores the week of 13-17 October. Don't ask me how I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok boys, now I'm in the team. My CV 50's stratocaster came today and what should I say: That's the way a stratocaster should be! Great look and very twangy. Ok, it's not to be ment as a high gain machine, but for all of us, that like the "bell" in a stratocaster sound, it's perferct for that price.

The string hight and neck relief was set very well. The tinted neck looks very well, too. By the way: It is very light, my lightest guitar ever....

I only changed to new D'Addario .095 strings an by the way resoldered the second tone control, so that it controls the bridge pickup an not the middle pickup. For me it ist most comfortably to have the tone controls only on the neck and bridge pickup. The middle Pickup is only used for clean things.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Well I couldnt take it anymore...today I woke up and checked my email...Musician'sFriend was having a secret sale today, I called in to find out what the deal was, I think it was 15% off orders of $200 or more...I began to calculate and figured with that discount I could afford this guitar case along with the Classic Vibe Telecaster and it would total the same price as the guitar alone...I decided to add another set of those Fender strap lock buttons with it and my total was $311 shipped! She should be here Friday:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Well I couldnt take it anymore...today I woke up and checked my email...Musician'sFriend was having a secret sale today, I called in to find out what the deal was, I think it was 15% off orders of $200 or more...I began to calculate and figured with that discount I could afford this guitar case along with the Classic Vibe Telecaster and it would total the same price as the guitar alone...I decided to add another set of those Fender strap lock buttons with it and my total was $311 shipped! She should be here Friday:
    Good deal. Twannngggg!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    See tOt, Chris, Tone and some others are getting them. That makes it alright for you too.:
    Yeah, yeah, I know Spud...my finger is getting itchy.
    I pick a moon dog.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Been lurking up in Maine for the last week and none so far. I still haven't been to the GC in Portland. I will give them a call today and see if they have any. Did find one CV 50s Strat but already have that one. The one store said he has had a ton of calls for the Tele but only had one and it went quick. I am sure if they made any numbers on these they woul sell really well.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday we went to a movie up in Williston. We visited the Daddy's around the corner after the movie - my daughter wanted to show me a bass she was interested in - but they didn't have the one she had picked out in stock any more - but she did check out some others - but none really got to her. Yes, GAS is contagious - don't let anyone tell you different. :

So we went to look at guitars. They did have a CV50 Strat and a CV60 Strat - both look and feel really nice - my first chance to actually handle any of the Squier CVs. If I was in the market for another Strat, I could see picking one of these up. :

As for the CV Tele - they didn't have any left - they has sold a couple and didn't know when they would be getting more in - but it sounds like the CVs are selling well. I'll have to stop in at Advance Music up in Burlington next week and check out their supply.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno if I will ever order another guitar...that waiting is already KILLING me!!!:

But all day long Ive been searching for CV info, and have been read a 23 page topic based on the CV Tele.

Ive seen some cool pics so far, but found this one and thought Id share:

Niiiiiiice:

Post Thanks / Like

Heres some more very detailed pics

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I can hardly wait.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What makes the CV 50 tele

What makes the CV tele so great? Is it the maple body or the whole mix of things?

Seems like it is universally accepted as a superior instrument. Along, of course with the 50's cv strat.

Why is the fifties strat seeming to get more applause than the sixties cv? Sweeter tone with the Alnico III's instead of the V's in the sixties cv?

They are beautiful strats.

Wonder if the CV bass lives up to it's siblings reputation?

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    What makes the CV tele so great? Is it the maple body or the whole mix of things?

Duffy
    Not a maple body but pine. Very resonant. The neck, as with all the Classic Vibes, is well done and so is the factory set up. Out of the box they are 98% of the way there.
    The current grade of machining has very tight tolerances so that makes for a tight solid resonant plank. Perfect for spanking.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CV strats

Almost everyone is getting a "50's. What do they have that attracts so many customers? There must be something about it that is attractive.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    Almost everyone is getting a "50's. What do they have that attracts so many customers? There must be something about it that is attractive.
    First of all: It looks really good I'm a big fan of the sunburst finish. My Telecaster ist also brown sunburst, and my les paul copy is sunburst, too.

Then: The colour of the maple neck is very nice. I call it honey-yellow.

Last but not least: The 50's has this straight Stratocaster sound. Very twangy and very contoured basses.

At all: The 50's is a very classic looking and sounding guitar. I think that's the magic.
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; October 14th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

I called MF yesterday & the 15% off was no more. I was all set to order a CV Tele.
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast