Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Classic Vibe 50s - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I called MF yesterday & the 15% off was no more. I was all set to order a CV Tele.
    Patience. They will have more promotions especially coming in to the holiday season.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't they already dirt cheap?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Aren't they already dirt cheap?
    15% off is $45...a $254 CV is much dirt-ier than a $299 CV...sometimes a lil discount is all it takes, but $45 is a whole tank of gas for me.

Sorry Tot, that "private secret sale" ended Sunday night at 11pm.

BTW, on a quasi related note...with my savings I purchased a guitar case with my CV. A buddy of mine ordered an SG awhile back and it arrived broken, since that time others had suggested to me that the way to do it is to buy a case with the guitar(if it didnt already come with one) and have it shipped in it to avoid shipping damage like my friend's(who had to wait 2-3 weeks for the replacement)...I told my friend(the one who recieved the broken SG) and he informs me "they wont do it"...and Im like "WTF?!":
    Then he tells me "they might even be coming from different warehouses"...I cant believe this, Im almost furious, so I call MF and they confirm what he told me...and then go a step further to say "some customers actually get upset if we put the guitar in the case, so we dont at all." Im really not believing his line of BS, but I find this ridiculous and unbelievable, WTF? :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Patience. They will have more promotions especially coming in to the holiday season.
    Exactly what I was hoping for.

If there is another promotion, then I'll be right on it.

I'm counting on the Fret for a heads up!

I agree with ShortBus..you know, with the price of dirt these days.
    I pick a moon dog.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Says it

Thanks Guitar Chris. I was thinking it was probably something like that. The sum of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts type thing.

A lot of these Squires I have been playing sound better than Fender MIM standard strats, etc.

Thanks again,

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    ...and then go a step further to say "some customers actually get upset if we put the guitar in the case, so we dont at all." Im really not believing his line of BS, but I find this ridiculous and unbelievable, WTF? :
    I was surprised that they shipped my case seperately too, but the guitar came packed VERY securely; I doubt any abuse short of running it over with a truck would have hurt it.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    I was surprised that they shipped my case seperately too, but the guitar came packed VERY securely; I doubt any abuse short of running it over with a truck would have hurt it.
    Yeah, Ive read alot of reviews and not one of them said it arrived broken...but it IS the principle of it all...I think its really stupid, that if a guy buys a guitar and a case(for a guitar that comes without one) that they wouldnt take that extra step to put it inside:
    And I find it even stupid'er that theyd tell me some BS story that "some customers would get upset if we did that".
    I hope for Musiciansfriend that this guitar comes in perfect condidtion, and that its so good that Im able to forget all the stupid BS that was involved in this...right now Im not really pleased with them, Ive had to make 3 phone calls in the last 2 days and the item hasnt even arrived yet...no confirmation, no tracking #'s...theyre customer service isnt really confidence inspiring.

Post Thanks / Like

My 50s Strat came with a stunning grain pattern on the fretboard. The whole fretboard is like this. I tried to capture it so that you can see how the quality is far different from Squiers of the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Strat. That grain is the result of quarter sawn wood I believe.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beautiful board

My "Black Pearl" affinity has the rosewood board but the maple neck looks like that on the back all the way up and down. It looks awesome and unlike any other of my guitars.

Wonder if any of these CV's will show up in the GC Thanksgiving sale?

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Nice Strat. That grain is the result of quarter sawn wood I believe.
    Is your Tele like this?

Post Thanks / Like

Is your Tele like this?
    All the pics Ive seen have looked like that....are you getting a Tele too???

I ordered mine Sunday...Im hoping it arrives today:

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    My "Black Pearl" affinity....
    Your what???

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Spud what do you think of the overall quality of the 50s CV. Did you think it was as good as we all thought?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Well Spud what do you think of the overall quality of the 50s CV. Did you think it was as good as we all thought?
    The build quality is first rate. It's the electronics I am unsure of. I'm used to Strats with hotter pickups and I'm not sure yet if the 50s will deliver at the gig. I'll find out Friday night. It seems a little thin and I'm a big fan of bold. So if I can get this to cover the sonic ground that I want to cover then I'll have no issues.

The construction and finish are better than Protone Squiers in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Is your Tele like this?
    No mine is not as dramatic as yours but you can tell it's been sawn that way when you look at the back of the neck along the edges. The neck on yours looks choice and I've seen other CV 50s Strats like that too.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some insight - PHOTOS

I just had the neck pickup die in my CV 50s Strat.

I played it for 2 days around the house and no Blackmore or Yngwie moves either. I set it down and got other guitars ready for gigs this weekend and went to pick it up tonight and - nothing - no neck pickup at all. I opened it up and checked the solder joints and wires and switch and everything is good. I then put a meter on the coil and ZIP! Nothing there. Somehow a winding broke.

I noticed from the very first time I plugged it in that it had hum and more static than I figured it was supposed to have. Everyone else that has them says how quiet they are. Not mine. I was actually thinking that it was just part of the vintage charm. Nope I was wrong - bad pickup.

I just emailed my friendly Sweetwater rep and since it's after hours we'll have to wait to see what happens tomorrow. Bummer. I was hoping to take this to the gigs this weekend.

Dead baby.

The middle pickup is good at 6 ohms.

Alpha mini pots. I have no idea what value.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen reports of pickups that died only after a few uses...whats the plan now?

FWIW, those pickups look nice!
    And none of my other Strats came shielded like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Ive seen reports of pickups that died only after a few uses...whats the plan now?

FWIW, those pickups look nice!
    And none of my other Strats came shielded like that.
    The retailer is running it through tech support right now. I told them under no circumstances am I letting the guitar be returned. I only want a working pickup.

They did a real nice job shielding and finishing. I've seen expensive American made Fender finishing that looks like crap compared to this. Nice job Squier.

The pickups actually say 'Fender' on them.:

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spudman: You will have to do another evaluation on the output of the guitar when you get the replacement pickup. I have had no problems getting real big tone from my CV. I have several 40 watt tube amps and with my pedals I can get killer tones from it. Of course I rarely play without pedals so I will have to try a comparo with my American Strat with the SCNs, and see how they perform straight up.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast