Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Classic Vibe 50s - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Post Thanks / Like

woo hoo....glad you got it....sounds like a keeper....can't wait for the pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    sounds like a keeper....can't wait for the pics!
    Eh, shes goin back!:
    I wont mail order another new guitar.
    Shes very beautiful, I wanna keep her...but I dont think I can live with it after all.
    Its got 2 low frets, they were obviously driven in a lil crooked, so theyre a lil lifted off the fret board as well...I dont get how these could be low and lifting but they are.
    The neck pocket is so tight, coupled with a lil paint drip-age in the neck pocket, equals a nice neck pocket crack.
    I could probably live with all the above if it really sounded like a Tele, Im not saying it sounds bad...Im just not hearing Tele tones Im familiar with, Id have to install other pups and Id be fine with that...but for a guitar with a cracked neck pocket? I know a cracked neck pocket doesnt affect ANYTHING but it would still be nagging me...just knowing it was there.

But like I said, I think Im done mail ordering new guitars...I think I need to hand pick them from here on out. Lesson learned :

Post Thanks / Like

I gigged the whole night with my 50CV Strat and everyone commented how they liked the sound. Keeper for me.: I do have to say that I don't think the gloss neck plays as fast as a satin finish or rosewood. I struggled a bit with it but then I haven't done anything to the action since I got it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    I think Im done mail ordering new guitars...I think I need to hand pick them from here on out. Lesson learned :
    i've never bought a guitar sight unseen....don't think i will....unless it is from someone i trust....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Me either. I never buy guitars that way. I have to get my grubby hands on the stuff and luckily my own CV 50s Tele is so spot on I'm beside myself.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Me either. I never buy guitars that way. I have to get my grubby hands on the stuff and luckily my own CV 50s Tele is so spot on I'm beside myself.

Yeah, I guess sometimes a guy gets lucky. My Hagstrom was a good one. But I prefer to pick them out, even if I have to pay sales tax. If I was going to get one of the CV guitars, I am sure that is how I would do it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you guys mean, but in my case I only bought one of my guitars where I actually saw it first. That's the one I got ripped off on. Granted, I didn't know squat back then. My Fender just needed a couple slots in the nut lowered. Other than that, it's been awesome. My Floyd was a bit more of a struggle but one lobotomy later and it's great. My Spector has been really good too after a minor setup.

I live too far away from any guitar stores to visit regularly. Those that I can visit don't have a great selection. It's easier and cheaper for me to get something from MF, et al. If I don't like it, I've got 45 days to ship it back. Yeah, I have to pay for shipping, but it's cheaper than one round trip's worth of gas to the closest guitar shop.

I can fix most problems with setup and electronics myself. The only things I won't touch are warped/twisted necks (return to sender) or major fret issues (ditto). When it comes to things like Squier, you may get a good deal and you may have fit-and-finish issues. QC is a problem.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Place in space

Where do you live Marnold, if you don't mind me asking.

By the way after checking your public info to see where you are from I noticed your birth year.

Back then Blacks were sitting in the back of the bus down South and drinking out of different fountains; at the same time Jimmy Hendrix was rocking the house in NYC. It was a time of extremes, racially; and if you had long hair like I had you took a lot of shi*.

I grew my hair back quite long now since I retired and am somewhat of a hippie on the outside again. Always was inside. Only very infrequently do I get the "is it a boy a girl" type of thing. I'm 58.

It is way more tolerant in some ways now, even in the South. I live in Pennsylvania and with Pa. plates on your truck down South the first thing people ask you often times is if you have ever been to Gettysburg. They KNOW Gettysburg is in Pa. and there were a couple very sad days there that will never be forgotten and as far as I'm concerned, let them fly their flag in reverence and honor of all the dudes that died fighting for the "lost cause". I don't see it as a racist thing but can see where it could be stretched to that because the South was a culture group and that flag was its banner. I don't believe in slavery but we had the chance at the formulation of the Constitution to eliminate slavery and chose not to.

Where are you from man?
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a little town 1/2 hour north of Green Bay, WI. I grew up a couple of hours north of Detroit. When I was a baby, the Tigers' World Series championship is largely credited with keeping Detroit from burning to the ground. While my music tastes are rather out there, otherwise I am an overwhelmingly conservative person in every way. I guess that metal is my "pressure relief valve."

The closest guitar shops are in Green Bay. There's also one in Marinette, on the Wisconsin/U.P. border. The closest GC is in Appleton which is an hour away. I can't afford to make frequent trips down there. I only get down there if I have a hospital call or if, like tonight, my homebrew club has a meeting. So going mail-order and hoping for the best is my best bet.

I'll look around when I'm down there today, but of the two stores that sell Fenders, I'd bet that neither one will have these Squiers. If they do, I'll try them out just for kicks. I'm definitely going to get new strings for my bass--it is crying out for them.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I live in a little town 1/2 hour north of Green Bay, WI.
    Uh oh - he's one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Even worse, I'm one of these:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Even worse, I'm one of these:
    Don't spoil dinner, so eat early before The Lions play tomorrow on Turkey Day!

As a lion fan I have learned to hate Sunday's & Thanksgiving... But will we get a good draft pick or what?

Anyway you guy's GAS'ed me bad I'm looking to buy a CV 50's Tele & Strat on Black Friday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulardenu
    Anyway you guy's GAS'ed me bad I'm looking to buy a CV 50's Tele & Strat on Black Friday!
    I think you'll be very happy that you did.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, kulardenu! Tell us more about yourself in the Fret players section, when you have a moment.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed Sweetwater raised the price $50 on these. American Musical still has them at $299.

I wonder how long before everyone's prices go up. The new Fender prices went WAY up. Sad.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I just noticed Sweetwater raised the price $50 on these. American Musical still has them at $299.

I wonder how long before everyone's prices go up. The new Fender prices went WAY up. Sad.
    Confused is a good way of putting it.

I am always amazed at the way the business reacts to economic downturn.

1) Raise prices - fewer people with cash, so raise prices?

2) Layoff workers - business is slow because people aren't buying product - solution, layoff workers so there are less people buying product.

Don't take this into the political arena, it is only a comment on pricing and sales.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at my local guy yesterday and he had one in stock. I asked about the tele and he said they are still on back order. When I purchased mine it was 349, and I complained and got a 25 dollar credit. That was when they first came out. Of course that was Can. dollars. I think the exchange was at par then. Now it is 28%. So with a price increase and the exchange we are getting into the 400 dollar range. I am still amazed as the tone from this thing. I think they nailed the retro Strat tone, and through my Marshall/Avatar set up she sounds amazing.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else notice this?

http://elderly.com/fmic/names/squier...ter--SCVS5.htm

Two new colors may be on the horizon.
    I must have the Olympic White!!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless
    Anybody else notice this?

http://elderly.com/fmic/names/squier...ter--SCVS5.htm

Two new colors may be on the horizon.
    I must have the Olympic White!!
    Uh oh! That's going to cause some economic stimulation for sure.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast