Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Classic Vibe 50s - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe 50s

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing mentioned on the Squier Web site. I will check with my local guy and see what is up.

Update:
    I talked to Darren and he has an email from Fender. They are a limited edition and will be going for 449 Can. That is 350 US with the current exchange. I am not interested (surprisingly) in those colors. He can order now but no estimate on delivery.
    Last edited by ZMAN; March 16th, 2009 at 08:36 AM.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is great news, that I've been hoping for!

Now to find a Spanish maiden decal, ala Jimmy Vaughn...
    Glad I didn't bust for the 2 tone yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Danger - GAS ahead.

Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse, WI has them. :

Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, New, Sunburst, Lake Placid Blue & Olympic White in stock, No case, MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) $350

Squier Classic Vibe 60's Strat, New, Sunburst & Candy Apple Red in stock, No case, MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) $350

http://davesguitar.com/products.html?13256 - just search for Squier on the page. And yes, they have photos!

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

And the Squier website has been updated at last - All-New Classic Vibe Stratocaster® colors!

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet colors - I like those! I should have red strat one day. Never had one.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that they had learned their lesson. The tinted neck on the CV50s 2 color burst was the reason I bought it. Those white necks are very unappealing.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I like any of them more than the 2 tone burst, which of the example I saw at our local store, sucked.
    The blue would look OK with the vintage shaded neck, however the Olympic white is just too bright, the Desert Sand would look great.
    But at least they are trying!

Post Thanks / Like

Default First the good news...

www.goodguysmusic.com has the Classic Vibe 50s/60s Strats, and a bass in.
    The 50s burst Strat looks just as I'd hoped they'd look, w/a nice dark-ish and aged look 2 tone.
    I'd been so disappointed at the too-new piss colored finish and overall bad looking paint job I'd first encountered at another store that finally got the first one/s in Hawaii a few months back.

The bad - $385.00 :

But looked good enuf to pay it. Now to have the time to test it...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conclusive evidence...

...via my main source of playing and hands on info expertise, after my blues/rock/steel master buddy got hold of a 60s Vibe Strat recently and pronounced it very worthy. This was more than I needed to hear, and will pick up a 50s CV asap. I was certainly long convinced, but it was nice to hear a Strat lover's opinion in person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln
    . but it was nice to hear a Strat lover's opinion in person.
    What am I? Chopped liver?

Then for a real treat pick up a Deluxe Squier.: You will then atain inexpensive Strat completeness.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chopped liver? Nah...

...I respect your opinions and is one of the many reasons why I was leaning towards this guitar long before having a chance to actually inspect and play one.
    But..., there's nothing like hands on and/or personal advice from one of the best players in a state that you've known for 30 years.

Deluxe? Is this the burst model with a (now) flamey top and bigger headstock, or the model with the smaller headstock that comes in white or Daphne Blue? Both are called Squier Deluxe Strats.

Thanx..., now put that thing away!

Post Thanks / Like

Deluxe? Is this the model with the smaller headstock that comes in white or Daphne Blue? Both are called Squier Deluxe Strats.

Thanx..., now put that thing away!
    Yup. The neck is to die for. Satin with rolled edges and very quiet pickups (not noisy).

I just had to give you are hard time. So...when do we get to see your new Squier Strat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have to say, I like Spud's white one. He had it hanging in his office last time I was there. I liked the neck very much and felt it compared with my 60th MIM neck comparably. Very smooth and nice feeling, and felt right at home in my hands.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Excuses excuses...

... = -
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    So...when do we get to see your new Squier Strat?
    That's what I've been asking...
    But a little light wallet procrastinating has seen the benefit of your new info, and new colors for the CVs(!), so now I have to readjust my thinking cap and find one of these Deluxes to test and AB with the CV. Life is ruff...

Plus, the priorities of other purchases, like a new Roland G-RX for my steels and guitars, and a B-RX for the Brice 405 fretless, a pile of vintage amps in need of repairs, and some recording equipment, etc..., are all adding up to an immanent emergency call to Santa for a pre-emptive hit on my chimney. All these $2-300 items are piling up, I need to phone a friend!

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deluxe strat

I've got the white pearl metallic, "White Out", and it is a great guitar. Feels good, looks good, sounds great. The neck is one piece of maple including the fretboard. It is the white colored maple neck that will require "real" aging to make it look old; unlike many of the immitation aging applications, etc., put on the necks to make them look old. The neck looks like "raw" maple, just out of the woods and put thru the kiln and dried of course; but it looks "white ish" not amber like on the Classic Vibes.

The Classic Vibe, however, at least my '50s, are great guitars; stained neck notwithstanding.

I think the Deluxe'es kind of got eclipsed when the CV's came out right after them. I could even see myself getting a blue Deluxe. The duncan designed single coils are really cool sounding and are not going anywhere.

I did play my hot rodded "Black Pearl", old world travelled with missionaries, affinity strat withoout working pots when I got it for 25 dollars. It now sounds incredible incredible with the Seymour Duncan hot rail at the neck, the SD 'lil '59 in the middle, and the SD JB Jr. at the bridge; with full size properly wired pots and an American 5 way switch. This guitar rocks! Next is the bridge tone mod; don't know why I didn't get it done in the first place.

Picture of "Black Pearl":

Picture of "White Out" deluxe:

Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

. I need to phone a friend!
    Final answer?

Better make it a wealthy one.

Seriously though, a CV and a Deluxe and you're set. Then read all the 'do-it-yourself' info on the web and fix your equipment for less. See...there's always a workaround.

Post Thanks / Like

They are addicting. I purchased my first Squier a couple of years ago. I had only looked at MIM, MIJ or MIA Strats. I walked into a store in Greensboro NC and saw a "Deluxe QMT" on the wall. It played so nice and looked killer. Then aclong came the Cherryburst Standard, then both Colors of the new Deluxe Metalic pearl and Dapne Blue, and finally the best of them all the CV50s.
    I still have of my MIM, MIJ and MIA strats but the Squiers get the most play time. I think that the 9.5 D'Addario string set gets the best tone on these guitars.
    The Blues is alright!

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Cherry Burst"

Zman,

Isn't that "Cherry Burst" a great guitar?

Mine picked me out at a GC one day when I was shopping for a tele or a blue Deluxe, of which they didn't have any that I wanted.

The "Cherry Burst" kept looking at me from the corner of my eye. I had to check it out and it was definitely beautiful with the mint green pickguard and the staggered sss pickups. I played it and that was all it took. I walked out with the guitar for a very fair price and love it to this day. I played it yesterday then switched to my CV '50s. Different tones but neither is a better guitar.

The "Cherry Burst" has that beautiful red sunburst color and the mint green pickguard and those special pickups. Does yours have the staggered pole pieces sss pickups? They don't look like regular Squire Standard pickups. And the guitar is awesome.

I have a HSS Fender Hwy One that doesn't sound that much better, if at all. I don't play it as much as I should. Thinking that it is in safe keeping could be a mistake. Anything mysterious could be going on with it. I need to get it out and play it.

There are a lot of great Squires out there right now and some awesome used deals you can get and then hot rod them.

If I'm going to hot rod a guitar I like to buy a guitar that plays perfect before I hot rod it. I like to start on solid ground so to speak, with a really good guitar that may have some cosmetic or wiring problems but no buzz and great low action, no cracks, and tuners that work. This way I know I have a decent item from which to build upon. This plan has worked and my "Black Pearl" sss affinity strat is a great example with its Seymour Duncan humbucking single coil sized pups and all new wiring. Next is the bridge tone knob mod and I don't know why I didn't get that done when I did the electronics over.

Let me know Zman on the staggered pickups on your "Cherry Burst". Thanks.

Hope someone gained something from my post.

Peace,

Duffy

"White Out" Squire Deluxe hanging with the Squire "Cherry Burst":

And hanging with a Squire Custom II P90 telecaster with the maple board:

Squire makes some great guitars, judging by thes awesome sounding ones.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Duff.............. I've looked at those Strat pictures every time you post them again and I can't see what's holding them.................... They're not just leaned against those drums sitting on a hardwood floor, are they?
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast