Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

congrats gg....looks great.... :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we can't say pics or it didn't happen. Congrats on your new pet.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new Tele. :

This is still at the top of my GAS list. :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Janus
    This is still at the top of my GAS list. :

Gil
    Then you'd better get one amigo.:

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my Classic Vibe Tele for a couple of days and I'm sending it back.
    Seems the bridge plate doesn't completely cover the pickup cavity. Anyone else have this issue?
    I think if I'm going to keep a guitar for the rest of my life it's got to be better than this. According to Fender it is within specs.:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I've had my Classic Vibe Tele for a couple of days and I'm sending it back.
    Seems the bridge plate doesn't completely cover the pickup cavity. Anyone else have this issue?
    I think if I'm going to keep a guitar for the rest of my life it's got to be better than this. According to Fender it is within specs.:
    This is not unusual on teles. Even vintage ones. I'll agree that it looks bad but you do see it sometimes.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tele bridge not covering route for pup.

Spud,

I checked all of my tele type guitars: Squire walnut standard, perfect bridge alignment; Peavey Triple Single, perfect bridge alignment over rout; Peavey Gen Ex classics (2) perfect bridge alignment over rout; G & L Tribute ASAT Classic semi hollow body tele type, perfect bridge alignment over rout for pup.

I think it is mainly a quality control issue regarding the final decision to market that guitar. Possibly it is a quick once over type of thing and they missed it or thought it was within the tolerances that they feel is appropriate for this particular guitar.

I would doubt a second one would come thru the same way and I doubt we will see a lot of others reporting the same flaw.

I wonder how those Classic Vibe "60s stratocasters sound? Supposed to be hot with those alnico V pups.

With all the raves over the CV tele I think it would be worth trying another one on the return, unless you have other observations that you are taking into consideration.

Those Peavey Generation EX Tele types sound so great, I hope people aren't forgetting about them because they are disappearing rapidly and will be gone, probably forever. That triple single is especially an outstanding tele type guitar. The classic is super great sounding and the Vintage with the neck humbucker is great too. The Custom is a neat guitar but strays away from the classic tele territory with the twin hbuckers and the hybrid modelling acoustic bridge pups, but for 200 you get a stereo guitar that's built great and sounds versitile. The Custom, by the way splits the hbucker coils on the five way switch and allows you to blend in the acoustic modelling from the piezo bridge saddle pups into any of the five switch hbucker sounds or use either the hbuckers alone or the piezo acoustic alone.

I would like to get a classic vibe myself, but I'm just reminding tele lovers to think about the impending disappearance of those great Peavey Generation EX'es. You can get a Triple Single tele for 149 and it sounds ridiculously great. Ask anyone who has one.

I might get a CV '60s strat or a CV Jazz bass or a VM '70s Jazz bass with the maple neck with black block inlays and the maple body. Maple is such a great wood. A solid maple body just sounds good to me. Should resonate that bass thump really well.

Good luck with whatever decision you make Spud. It is better that you checked that guitar over real good now before you got too attached to it. That minor flaw could be something that one could easily live with, if the big picture looked especially beautiful. You know, the feeling you get when it's "the one".

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)