Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Classic Vibe 50s - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Resistence is futile. You will be assimilated.

I have been assimilated.....resistance was futile :

After seeing and hearing the new CV tele, I just had to get one. All I can say is WOW :

It looks great and sounds just like a tele is supposed to sound....at least to my ears. The fit and finish are flawless. The pine body is very resonant. The finish on the body is transparent so the grain of the pine shows through...very cool : The neck has the same grain pattern as Spud's CV strat but my pics are not as clear. And speaking of pics....

Happy Birthday to me....Happy Birthday to me.....

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

congrats gg....looks great.... :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we can't say pics or it didn't happen. Congrats on your new pet.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new Tele. :

This is still at the top of my GAS list. :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Janus
    This is still at the top of my GAS list. :

Gil
    Then you'd better get one amigo.:

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my Classic Vibe Tele for a couple of days and I'm sending it back.
    Seems the bridge plate doesn't completely cover the pickup cavity. Anyone else have this issue?
    I think if I'm going to keep a guitar for the rest of my life it's got to be better than this. According to Fender it is within specs.:

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my Classic Vibe Tele for a couple of days and I'm sending it back.
    Seems the bridge plate doesn't completely cover the pickup cavity. Anyone else have this issue?
    I think if I'm going to keep a guitar for the rest of my life it's got to be better than this. According to Fender it is within specs.:
    This is not unusual on teles. Even vintage ones. I'll agree that it looks bad but you do see it sometimes.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tele bridge not covering route for pup.

Spud,

I checked all of my tele type guitars: Squire walnut standard, perfect bridge alignment; Peavey Triple Single, perfect bridge alignment over rout; Peavey Gen Ex classics (2) perfect bridge alignment over rout; G & L Tribute ASAT Classic semi hollow body tele type, perfect bridge alignment over rout for pup.

I think it is mainly a quality control issue regarding the final decision to market that guitar. Possibly it is a quick once over type of thing and they missed it or thought it was within the tolerances that they feel is appropriate for this particular guitar.

I would doubt a second one would come thru the same way and I doubt we will see a lot of others reporting the same flaw.

I wonder how those Classic Vibe "60s stratocasters sound? Supposed to be hot with those alnico V pups.

With all the raves over the CV tele I think it would be worth trying another one on the return, unless you have other observations that you are taking into consideration.

Those Peavey Generation EX Tele types sound so great, I hope people aren't forgetting about them because they are disappearing rapidly and will be gone, probably forever. That triple single is especially an outstanding tele type guitar. The classic is super great sounding and the Vintage with the neck humbucker is great too. The Custom is a neat guitar but strays away from the classic tele territory with the twin hbuckers and the hybrid modelling acoustic bridge pups, but for 200 you get a stereo guitar that's built great and sounds versitile. The Custom, by the way splits the hbucker coils on the five way switch and allows you to blend in the acoustic modelling from the piezo bridge saddle pups into any of the five switch hbucker sounds or use either the hbuckers alone or the piezo acoustic alone.

I would like to get a classic vibe myself, but I'm just reminding tele lovers to think about the impending disappearance of those great Peavey Generation EX'es. You can get a Triple Single tele for 149 and it sounds ridiculously great. Ask anyone who has one.

I might get a CV '60s strat or a CV Jazz bass or a VM '70s Jazz bass with the maple neck with black block inlays and the maple body. Maple is such a great wood. A solid maple body just sounds good to me. Should resonate that bass thump really well.

Good luck with whatever decision you make Spud. It is better that you checked that guitar over real good now before you got too attached to it. That minor flaw could be something that one could easily live with, if the big picture looked especially beautiful. You know, the feeling you get when it's "the one".

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh heck yes GG that's the way to do it that's awesome!!! Congrats on a beautiful Tele!

Spud - you asked about that bridge gap and I checked mine today and yeah it DOES have a very slight gap but hell it ain't all that noticeable. Mark is right I've seen the same thing on some older Teles too. Saw some black air at the right side of the bridge on a 60s Tele I played in a shop today. I never did notice it until YOU told me about yours though! Just keep it man.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    I never did notice it until YOU told me about yours though! Just keep it man.
    It's going back...but...I'm working a deal on something else that's pretty groovy: with a CV Tele to follow.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mystery

You are a mysterious guy Spud.

Now I'm trying to figure out what you might be planning. Groovy . . . . could it be a bass?

Duff
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Something groovy? Vinyl LPs?
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I read something about this recently on the Telecaster forum. On actual 50s teles, it was apparently pretty common for the bridge pickup cavity to peek around the edges of the bridge plate -- some people call it the "butt crack." If you really want to split hairs, it's really less authentic for modern copies of 50s teles not to have it. I have no idea if it's intentional or not on the Squier CV, but at least if it's a flaw, it's an authentic flaw.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

It's going back...but...I'm working a deal on something else that's pretty groovy: with a CV Tele to follow.
    Oh wow! I can only imagine....when I called to return mine they(MF) offered me a deeper discount, I declined, and then they offered me additional instore credit upon that discount, I declined again and then told them I just wanted a new guitar that was of new quality.
    So how far did they go with you and what was it that made you bite???
    [edit]Duh...you didnt keep it: NM

BTW Ive seen several Teles with similar bridges that had that gap under the bridge plate...but the ones that Ive seen were visible on the upper side(left side) of the bridge...I reckon thatd get annoying to look at while strumming, but also figured it was standard fare.
    I wasnt happy with mine either...if that makes you feel better.
    Atleast you took pics.
    I wrote down the serial number of mine...was thinking about posting it, but hadnt decided.

I sent mine back on Monday(4pm-ish), they received it on Thursday morning...should have a replacement Thursday or Friday...damn this mail order business!: ...and the waiting!
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; October 25th, 2008 at 08:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX

I sent mine back on Monday(4pm-ish), they received it on Thursday morning...should have a replacement Thursday or Friday...damn this mail order business!: ...and the waiting!
    Yeah, I was thinking last night as I read about Spud's that this is the one occasion I would actually like to go to GC, so I could get them to match the best price, and actually see the guitar I was going to buy and carry it out of the store. For that matter, Old Boise Guitar Co. http://obgco.qwestoffice.net/ has adjusted its prices to reflect internet commerce and is selling the Gretsch Electromactics for example, for the same price as the internet sellers. I think I would rather go there. But when I was there last thursday, they did not have any CV guitars. (they are a Fender dealer, so I bet they can get them in). I did not make it over to GC to see if they did.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Yeah, I was thinking last night as I read about Spud's that this is the one occasion I would actually like to go to GC, so I could get them to match the best price, and actually see the guitar I was going to buy and carry it out of the store.
    But you gotta love not having to pay tax...just think of all that beer

Post Thanks / Like

Got the emails yesterday...my replacement Tele should be here Friday!
    You know, that seems soon enough...but the anticipation is only going to get worse.:

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Waiting is a bit*h.

I still plan on getting a Tele too but I want to pay less and make sure it doesn't have the gap that I experienced. Very nice guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yeaaaaah! This IS the one!
    Shes a beaut...like all the hot looking ones Ive seen online.
    The neck is sooo much nicer than the other, it appears to be quarter sawn, the fretboard has some nice flames and the headstock looks birdseyed...the body appears to be one piece, although I should know better I cant see the seam.
    And this one even came with a quality control hand tag...and I kinda think that is the difference between the two Ive had.

Pics soon to follow.

BTW, no butt crack on my bridge:

I still havent hooked it up or even played it...I gotta tune it first and lunch is the current priority.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast