Thread: Got a new Job

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a new Job

Hey guys...I'm finally up on my feet again and steady working....I've been pretty tore up since my mother passed away on May sixth of this year. I was a truck driver before I did what I do now and quit my job two years ago to take care of my mother who was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Now I'm working for GDP marketing as a sales associate and training to become a regional president........

I really love what I do and think I found something I want to do for the rest of my life....never before have I worked a job where I go in at 8 in the morning and leave at 7:30 at night and not cared.....

What we do also makes me feel great at the end of the day also.

I work for the corporate sponsor of a missing child charity based out of Florida that funds the searches for missing and exploited children as well as doing child safety.

if you wanna see who I represent take a look.

www.find-missing-children.org

Child Protection Education of America

This online community has been awesome in supporting each other and I just thought I would share my joy with all of you.

Hope everything is going well for everyone and y'all have a great night. :
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

What does GDP stand for?

Post Thanks / Like

That's great to hear that you found a job where when you wake up your ready to go and get with(I know the feeling) and on the other note I'm sorry to hear of your mother's passing,but it is good to know you got to spend time with her before she left.Good for you man keep that positive going.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is good to hear! Make the best you can out of life.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

GDP = Great Dane Promotions..... don't ask, I didn't create this branch (cincinnati area) and I think its because Becky, our president is a dog lover.
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and mojo to you LagrangeCalvert, I lost my dad last March. Sounds like a very rewarding avenue you are taking congrats:

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the new job....sorry about your mom....it's always tough losing a loved one....sending some mojo your direction....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    congrats on the new job....sorry about your mom....it's always tough losing a loved one....sending some mojo your direction....

ww
    Agreed. I think I remember that you were going through some stuff with your Mom, but I did not know the extent. I am sorry for your loss. I am glad to hear things are starting to move on for you.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad to cancer 17 years ago. We had our differences growing up, but I'd give anything to have him back just the way he was.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$