Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Soldering Iron Recommendations - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Soldering Iron Recommendations

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    I've got the same soldering station. When I saw it on sale for $12.00 before Christmas, I asked "Mrs. Santa" to get me one.

It's surprisingly well made for the money, and the tips look to be very good as well (I got an extra set with it). The unit does take longer than either of my two irons (25W & 40W) to heat up, and so far I've only used it for a couple of quick jobs. When I sit down to build my reverb pedal, I'll have some more time to play with the heat settings. If in the end it works only as well as my irons, it'll still be worth more than the cost for that alone...not to mention the nice station that goes along with it.
    Having used my Stahl for a while, I was getting frustrated with how long it took to heat up. Literally 10 minutes. And when you use the wet sponge to clean the tip, it takes too long to get back up to temperature. I grabbed a 25 watt Weller that I found while cleaning my garage and tried it one day, when I put new pots and tone cap in my tele. What a huge difference! I use the Weller exclusively now. I cut the cords off of the Stahl docking station and I use it for the Weller now.

DVM mentions this Weller here: http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?...6&postcount=15

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than cross posting, also see Hakko FX888
    replacement to the Hakko 936 recommended in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
    You guys should move to Canada. We have a $1, and $2 coins.
    It doesn't take many of them in a bucket to make a Grand. They replaced the paper bills. Now it is nothing to have 10 bucks in coins in your poket, with 5 coins.
    A lot of us carry small coin pouches to save wear and tear on the pockets.
    They've tried $1.00 coins here, nobody likes them. Personally, I find them annoying too. Whenever I travel to Canada or especially Europe, I end up with extra pounds of weight in my pocket from all of the one dollar/one euro coins. Since the coins have no intrinsic (precious metal) value, give me the paper instead...much easier to carry. I still have about 15 Euro in coins in the safe from our last trip to Europe (along with some paper as well). At least it's gone up in value with the US dollar on the slide.

And, for anyone who has not bought a 'helping hands' here's you chance, cheap, if there's a Harbor Freight Tools near you.

http://www.harborfreight.com/helping...campaign=0911b
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456